• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Long or Short Injectors

mcne2026

There are two basic injectors for the 6.2 & 6.5 motors. I am in CA and my CUCV is in ID so I can not go out and check this. Do our 6.2's use the short or long injectors? I can not remember what year they made the change. I am going to change out my injectors this year and have 4 good short injectors already, so I am hoping it uses the shorts. TIA, Robert...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Short injectors were for van applications. Your "J" code 6.2 in the CUCV uses long injectors.

mcne2026

Darn. I read that they were interchangeable, other than space restrictions. Any reason not to run the short ones in the CUCV? They have the same flow rate and pop at the same pressure. Since I already own 4 of them that are almost brand new and can get 4 more for a lot cheaper than 8 long models, I would like to use them, unless there is a specific reason not to.

kennyw

There is a specific reason why they don't work but I forget what it is off of the top of my head. But as an FYI there is one other type of injector, the coarse thread injector used only on 1982 Civilian models.

To top it off there are multiple variations of the long fine thread injectors based on which year and turbo or no turbo.