• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Long term storage...

hooyahdiver

Leaving for Afghanistan in a few weeks. Any pointers on long term storage for my M1028? Like my daily driver, I'll put it up on jackstands and put fuel stabilizer in the tank. I'll also unhook the batteries and put rat killer on the interior and in the engine bay. Anything else? Any ideas on fuel stabilizer for diesel? The stuff I use for gas engines won't work. Thanks ahead.fat lady sings

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used to work overseas for months (3-4) at a time. I found that if you can get someone to drive it once a week or at least start it once a week will do wonders. I tried the jackstand and fuel stabilizer for the first year. I always found problems when I got back home after each hitch.

See if you can get someone to help you out. Letting it sit is not good, look at the PMs you have to do after getting one from GL, GSA.

Since I was not hitched at the time, I got my mom to drive it to work once a week.

Just my 2cents

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
To keep the critters out a little peppermint oil on a cotton ball will all rodents out of the cab. Good luck on your deployment.
James

hooyahdiver

I used to work overseas for months (3-4) at a time. I found that if you can get someone to drive it once a week or at least start it once a week will do wonders. I tried the jackstand and fuel stabilizer for the first year. I always found problems when I got back home after each hitch.

See if you can get someone to help you out. Letting it sit is not good, look at the PMs you have to do after getting one from GL, GSA.

Since I was not hitched at the time, I got my mom to drive it to work once a week.

Just my 2cents
Thanks but that's not an option for me. It will have to sit. I've had good luck with my Tacoma. In the past 10 years it's set up several times and it almost always cranks right up. Once I had to buy a battery. If it's messed up when I get home I'll deal with it. The TM thing is a good idea. I have a copy of the -20 for it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks