• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Long term sunlight exposure vs 24087 Paint

Katahdin

I took this picture at one of the museums on Ft Hood a couple days ago, it clearly shows the fading effects of the punishing Texas sun on 24087 paint over time. This side of the vehicle probably hasn't been turned away from the sun in years. The vinyl white star has shriveled up and reveal the masked color of the original paint. Something to keep in mind when trying to match up old paint to their original color.

Dust smudges will also make a permanent mark in the paint as the sun bakes it. On some of the vehicles I saw you could clearly read names that had been baked into the paint from someone who had scribbled it with a finger.

24087_sun_med.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks