• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Long time Lurker official introduction

laxcc18

Hey everyone.

I have been lurking around the site and mainly use it for research but i figured i would introduce myself. I'm from Maryland and bought my M35A2 this past August. I have been enjoying the truck and working on it has been fun so far. I like the site but easily get lost in all the information on here but it's teaching me alot about my truck. Just wanted to officialy introduce myself. Thanks for the site.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Welcome to the site. As you've found, there is an amazing amount of data here. It's a good idea to just start on page 1 of the deuce forum and start working your way forward. After about 500 threads, you'll really have a good handle on things.

91W350

This Kansas guy would like to welcome you to the madness. Who needs a pickup when you have a deuce? I have three nice pickups, but drive my deuce all the time. My son rotates the pickups. I think he waits until they are all out of fuel before he drives his car. 8)

laxcc18

Here are some pictures. History on this truck is its a 1971 that was rebuilt in 1991 by the army. Want to say it was a humanitarian truck due to the red crosses that were painted front and back. It's a multifuel diesel, can't remember manufacture at the moment, D-turbo, with I think 22K miles and a reman motor from 1992, according to the tag on the motor. Has a hard top and cab heater. I bought it off a guy in calvert and also have a set of 46-inch michelen XL's to put on it.

Want to repaint it but can't decide if i want to go tan, camo, or flat olive drab. Would also like to add a winch at some point.

Attachments

DeucesWild11

Great looking truck.. another set of 395's on stock rims! Nice!:beer: My rear hubs were already flipped when I got it, I like the look of yours.. but perhaps with it bobbed it wouldn't look as good..?

laxcc18

Where did you get the tires, local?
Yes. They came from a guy in Calvert, same guy who previously owned the truck. He had 5 of them in new condition, we had to get the 6th one offline.

Had a buddy help with mounting them. No shop would touch them.

Great looking truck.. another set of 395's on stock rims! Nice!:beer: My rear hubs were already flipped when I got it, I like the look of yours.. but perhaps with it bobbed it wouldn't look as good..?
Thanks! Yeah couldn't decide how we wanted to run the rear hubs but i like the looks. Was also worried about running the tires on stock rims but for the ammount and the distance its driven i dont think it will be much of a problem.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks