• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Longer wheel studs

rccollin

Wheel studs

Here are some options for longer wheel studs (about 3/8" longer) with all other dimensions being the same:
Left Hand:
WA07-5141
BWP® M-2437
DAYTON®13-1204L
EUCLID E-5910L
MERITOR®20X345

Right Hand:
WA07-5173
BWP® M-2436
DAYTON®13-1204R
EUCLID® E-5910R
MERITOR®20X344

Are you 100% certain on these part numbers? I cant find them in any local stores, and im about to order them online. I just want to make sure before I order. Do you have the euclid part numbers for the stock studs, so I can look up the dimensions for comparison.

peashooter

Are you 100% certain on these part numbers? I cant find them in any local stores, and im about to order them online. I just want to make sure before I order. Do you have the euclid part numbers for the stock studs, so I can look up the dimensions for comparison.
I don't have the stock info handy. There are only a few thing in life that I'm 100% certain in and this isn't one of them, sorry. I found these while comparing the stock dimensions to other part numbers available with only difference being length.

Last edited:

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most wheels this size use 10 lug nuts. Our deuce uses 6. So the manufacture decided to use left hand threads on the right side of the truck. Many manufactures have done this over the years. Chrysler used them for years until the early 1960's . It's all about the torque direction of the wheel. Even today on our modern heavy trucks the right side lug nuts have a tendency to come loose due to this directional torque .
Could it be that the LEFT (driver) side lug nuts/lug bolts have a tendency to come loose? The Deuce has LH threads on the LEFT (driver) side, whereas the RIGHT (passenger) side has standard RH threads. I only remember offhand because my memory aid to loosen lug nuts on the Deuce is to turn the wrench towards the rear of the truck to loosen.

Yarz

Kinda worried about them backing off
RCCollin, whether or not you decide to convert to all right-hand, if you have any concerns about them backing off, you can put a line, as already stated, or you can look into lugnut safety arrows:
wheelcheck_lime.png

I know, not very Deuce-like, but you can know at a glance if any of your nuts have turned at all. I've seen them on a few commercial trucks, and think it's a pretty good idea

rustystud

RCCollin, whether or not you decide to convert to all right-hand, if you have any concerns about them backing off, you can put a line, as already stated, or you can look into lugnut safety arrows:
View attachment 602112

I know, not very Deuce-like, but you can know at a glance if any of your nuts have turned at all. I've seen them on a few commercial trucks, and think it's a pretty good idea

We installed these on our whole fleet of busses (1400) . They do let you know at a glance if your lug nuts have come loose.