• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Look at the 13 hp Diesel engines I picked up today

cldh35611

These are 13 hp diesel engines, I think they were used in gen sets but I am not sure what model gen set. They were made in Germany, does anyone know anything about these motors? I have nine of these and I am not sure what I can do with them so lets get some suggestions.

Thanks,

Darrell

Attachments

camp9

I'd love to get one of those to run a generator for our irrigation. They'd probably just sip fuel. Have you had one running yet? They had a bunch in the sale that ended today insets of 4.

Camp

cldh35611

The reason i thought it was rated at 3000 rpm is because the data plate said something about 3000 min-1. I hope I can work on some of them this week and get them running. They all turn by hand except one and two of them look new "never installed".

I have a four wheeler with a bad motor. I would like to use one on it, but I am not sure if I can make everything work.

Thanks for the input, keep it coming.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This motor would work great on a portable band sawmill. Was watching YouTubes last night of home built mills. Most of them have little gas motors and seem under powered. Nice lightweight diesel much better.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I ended up buying a Woodmizer LT-15 sawmill. It is powered by a 15 HP Kohler engine. It is a good engine but I would prefer diesel.

Does anyone have one of the Farymann diesels they would like to sell?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks