• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Look at what fell off the back of a truck

gunboy1656

After looking around for a while, I found the perfect truck for me. Just so happened Andydieselpower had it on his lot. Started making payments on it at the beginning of June, and paid it off in 2 months. Had a couple little setbacks; like wrecking my pickup, losing hours at work. But it all worked out.

Well finally got all the stars to align, and got the call on Thursday that the truck driver would be here Friday morning at 0900. I had been bouncing off the wall ever since I knew it was being delivered. My truck got loaded second, because another guy on here, title escapes me right now, had bought a 5 ton tractor, another real nice looking truck.

After posting on here about offloading ideas, I finally remembered a friend I had in high school who runs a construction company. Well I ran into him one day and asked if he could help, he said sure let me know when. So this morning I let him know the truck was in the area and was ready whenever he was, he told me he would have a couple of his guys meet us and build a temporary mound to drive off. That was freaky, once the front end went off it sank a little bit.

This is my first M35 series truck, I have an M220 that is posing as a 211 right now with a cargo bed.

Enjoy the pics……

Attachments

nklpltd

Looks like things worked out good for you and without any unloading accidents... Congrats on the new truck...

I'm sure there will be a few people that will be disappointed you don't have new material for the MV mishaps thread...

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Looks great! I love those cargo tie downs, you will find much use for them.

gunboy1656

Even has a windsheild washer kit, but no handle. Few minor issues to deal with; like the trailer electrical lines were removed when it was repainted (Parts being mailed to fix), horn dont work, the turnsignals only work as 4 ways??, and the pass windshield is cracked (got replacement coming). Other then that its a very clean truck.

Andy was telling me he had alot of requests for my truck

Wife says the little one cant have one anytime soon, but what she dont know......

And once the front sank 6 inches, I was starting to worry i would end up on the mishap thread. no suck luck :-D

gunboy1656

Well one of the big reasons i went with him is I have a friend who bought from hom and he was helpfull to get parts for when he truck was attacked by vandals..well I guess thats 2 reasons.

He was very helpful with me on anything i needed. since I am 800+ miles away he madea comment one day right before the 4th of july saysing he wished i was closer to use my truck in a parade. I said go for it. thinking since I am clear out here in western PA, I can at least see that it runs, stops. He send me pics of it in the parade, so I can see it.

Carl_in_NH

Very, very, very nice. Much nicer than my pot-luck GL truck from up in the salt country of the finger lakes of upstate NY.

You should have a blast with that, Scott.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
CONGRATS! on the truck! Looks sharp!! Andy is a tremendous gentleman! Every contact I have ever had with him was/is first class! Ahhhh, deuces like to sink into the dirt a little! LOL ENJOY!!

God bless!
Tony:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks