• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

look at what my husband got me for my truck...

Orionspath

I could see that in Virginia, but in California? I would think that you'd need to somehow weld it to the cab's instrument panel! He's a real nice guy to throw in the double mag!

2Deuces wild

He's making a steel rifle holder out of 1/4 tempered plate steel. welded to the dash and floor with a 1/2 harden steel lock under the dash. My neighbor asked me what i needed the rifle for, I answer, " When the world comes to an end I'll be ready". His reply was, " you can't eat it," I smiled and asked,Whats in your refrigerator? :twisted: He under stood by the look on his face...... Never can be to perpared.....

2Deuces wild

They grandfather in all 100 of his guns some 15 years back. He had this one at his Moms house brand new still in the box. He found it when he was cleaning out her garage along with 12 others. My man is so forgetful.:idea:

2Deuces wild

Red wire is for the solerizer. I didn't want him to mount it on the hood so he rigged it to hang on the wiper motor and stores in the glove box.

He just bid on a rifle mounting kit on Ebay.

Last edited:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The rifle holders are $9.99 at army surplus warehouse. And, if he really did love you he would have given you two of them to fill both spots in the rifle holder!;-)

Mark3395

I know plenty of women who have rifles. But the number who have their own deuce are rarer. I'm in love.

Oddly, I was just down at Ft. Benning on business... drive a CUCV to two back behind a deuce I bought. Found one of the lady Sergeants and the daughter of a hey-you volunteer who helped me hook up the CUCV both drove deuces in the service.... and loved them.

Ya know, I don't detect the enthusiasm for the FMTV trucks that I do for the earlier trucks. Suspicion of higher failure rates for the most part.

But then, maybe I'm prejudiced.

steelandcanvas

My neighbor asked me what i needed the rifle for, I answer, " When the world comes to an end I'll be ready". His reply was, " you can't eat it," I smiled and asked, Whats in your refrigerator? :twisted: He under stood by the look on his face...... Never can be to perpared.....
She owns a Deuce that has a rifle rack with rifle, and has a sense of humor to boot, by golly she's a keeper.;-)

Uglyranger

In Memorial
In Memorial
I don't own a gun. I've never owned a gun. I don't like guns, and none of my friends own guns.
Oh, yeah....I voted for Obama.
I have never told a lie in my life.
And....I didn't see any gun in your truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks