• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Look what caught my eye (injection pump)

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last weekend I went to the local truck and tractor pull event (a bit of harmless fun and watching teenage kids that "tuned" their diesel pickups, mostly by turning up the fuel, throw driveshafts).

Walking along some vehicles, this caught my eye....

20220618_131752.jpg

Hmmm....hydraulic head with 6 lines, centre hex plug....no FDC but the slanted plate, the throttle lever looks awfully familiar......is this an American Bosch...........

20220618_131757.jpg

Sure is! Not only American Bosch, but a PSB6A series injection pump. The LDT uses a "90",
(Pic from steelsoldiers @SLR)
1655756376393.png

this is an "80" and the rpm would be too low. But, still. And, which vehicle? Military truck? Light duty truck?

20220618_131746.jpg

Nope! MM Minneapolis Moline tractor!

I have no idea if this is useful in any way or if such an IP could help in rebuilding an LDT/LDS one, but I thought it was cool to see a very similar looking IP in a totally different vehicle.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
cattlerepairman, I've read that Oliver used "White" LDT/LDS engines in their tractors back in the day also.
Yes, the White 135 and 155 tractors, respectively, correspond to the LDT and LDS engines, with modifications. A lot of parts are interchangeable, though, especially head studs, gaskets etc.

I found pics of a White 2-135 engine on the web in a tractor forum. The exhaust manifold is flipped upside down and the turbo sits on top:

a1286.jpga1287.jpg
a1288.jpga1289.jpg
a1290.jpg

Last edited:

rustystud

That injection pump can be used in a Deuce. You just need to "tweek" the settings a bit. I've used parts from other tractors that had an American Bosch PSB6A pump before. That pump was used on "many" vehicles. So if you come across one at a "swap" meet somewhere and it's reasonably priced, buy it !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks