• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Look what followed me home! M932A2

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dave,
That is a cool truck and I was sorry to see it go. However, I am happy that it went to another collector! Good luck and keep in touch!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
That is a sweet tractor. I crawled all over it at Winslow's the day Bruce picked it up. You may find some drool stains on it ;) Congrats on getting it home safe! Now, are you bringing it back to Aberdeen?!

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very nice and 1989, almost new, my Isuzu Trooper is older....

The M932A2 will be like a baby sister to my own XM757 truck tractor, fun and congrats on a great haul!

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Well my tractor lust factor just went up about 200% and I am just content to know that it is in a good home and I hope to post a similar story when I get to pick up the M 52 from Virginia which I am planning to drive home too. Congrats to the new owner and Bruce I am sure you did hate to see that one drive away for the last time.

TedG

Rattlehead,

Nice truck and speaking of enough room, I have plenty of space for it and the price would be cheap as long as long as you leave the "keys" in it :D

Great truck...is it going to Ft Custer?

Rattlehead

Very nice and 1989, almost new, my Isuzu Trooper is older....
Well my daily driver (served as chase vehicle for both of my MV's) is a 92 with 145k miles, so you can see where my priorities are! Now I gotta just get another 5-10 years out of it!

Chris, I don't think I will make Aberdeen. Considered waiting to pick it up that weekend to kill 2 birds with one stone, but it was just too long to wait!

Ted, I will be taking the deuce to the trail rides, as it is really nice to camp in the same vehicle you drive. No setup time! Plus I am almost finished with a guide bar/cable setup to keep the low branches from beating up the truck. However, the tractor will definitely be going to any shows I can make this year. I will bring it to Clare for sure. Some day I hope to have a lowboy, then I can bring both wherever I go.

littlebob

One Great thing about this site, is I can always show My Wife I'm not the only one. Great Trucks, I probably won't be able to keep up, but
only for lack of funds.
Congrats,
littlebob

Dave,
That is one very nice tractor! I LOVE IT! More tractors than we can drive. Talk to Dave P about fixing up the lowboy trailer he's got (needs a lot of work), put the water purification camper on that behind your new tractor and, voila, more fun than a (insert favorite Cable Guy phrase here!)

Did you pull that into Winer's? Woulda been interesting to see the comparison between that and the arty tractor!

I never had to work on one with a winch. Any problems getting leverage to pull the hood open?

Rattlehead

Dave,
That is one very nice tractor! I LOVE IT! More tractors than we can drive. Talk to Dave P about fixing up the lowboy trailer he's got (needs a lot of work), put the water purification camper on that behind your new tractor and, voila, more fun than a (insert favorite Cable Guy phrase here!)

Did you pull that into Winer's? Woulda been interesting to see the comparison between that and the arty tractor!

I never had to work on one with a winch. Any problems getting leverage to pull the hood open?
No I stopped at Winers on the way out there on Friday. Drove the tractor back Saturday. I would love to have a lowboy. Someday. As someone in the GLMVPA said to me, his advise to newcomers to the hobby is to buy a 5 ton tractor and lowboy first, then you got the means to haul all your future projects home!

Unfortunately, I have not even touched the tractor other than to move it out of the way to get a neighbor's car in the garage for some charity work. The only time I opened the hood was to check things out on the drive home. The hood is a bit heavy but not bad. I have nothing that I can compare it to, as this is the first 900 that I have even seen in person.

Not surprisingly, even people that know I have the deuce asked me the same typical questions like "What are you going to do with that?" Which gets the typical answers like "Go to Home Depot for some lumber", or "Drive it to the grocery store", or "It's a lawn ornament". Its funny that one guy that asked me has a GTO on jackstands, with rebuilt motor that has never been fired for 15 years. Umm, what are you going to do with THAT?

Or my favorite, "Where are you gonna drive that?" Answer, "Wherever I want, it's 6 wheel drive!"

Here's some more reasons. "Its an insurance policy, kinda like AAA, in case the deuce breaks down." Or, "The deuce was lonely and feeling out of place, and needed a companion."

And to the question "How much did you pay for that?" Answer, "About what you would lose in equity on your Trailblazer after X years". I love that one! And with most MV's, that number is in months, or minutes after you drive it off the lot!

Now that I am on a roll, the question of "How can you afford to drive that!?" Answer, "It's not my daily driver", or "I don't have cable TV "(about $500/yr here).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks