• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

look what followed me home yesterday. New to me Deuce and genny

rory1919

Of course. That's why I got the deuce. I have this fancy ring and nothing to mount it on.

I only have the German mg42 ring though. Looking for what would be more appropriate for a 1919 or even better a quad mount for the back.

FloridaAKM

Welcome aboard & enjoy your immersion into the Green Iron Disease, you really made a big first purchase all @ once. Lots to work on to start with. Soldier "B" will be a world of help that you can't find on here for any price so you are set. The rest of the info will come from here & the TM's we hope you have access to already! Are you going to take "Pearl" to Knob Creek in October?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
:tigger:

Welcome to the Green Iron Laughing Academy.:cookoo: Don't say you weren't warned.

Your presence is required at the GA RALLY in October. Gimpy Rob will be going. You can follow him down. Don't make us come up and get you.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rory and Rory's Bride:

Welcome aboard :grin:
Find a bunk (yes, you can share), stow your gear, and prepare to get underway :driver:

Congratulations on the New-To-You Bouncing Baby Deuce and Trailer/Genny.

I'm sure you WILL find a use for them. As for the Genny and your Geo System - unless you are totally off the grid, a genny can be a lifesaver. Think through the possibilities (and threats to any grid-dependence) before you dispose of the Gen-Set. IMHO

May I suggest that that picture of you Bride atop the Deuce also be posted in the MV CALENDAR GIRL/GUY PHOTO THREAD - http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...Guy-Photos-Thread&highlight=calendar+girl/guy ? That's a good photo with a genuinely enthusiastic smile. It's obvious you're BOTH now Green Iron Addicts !

:tigger:

Welcome to the Green Iron Laughing Academy.:cookoo: Don't say you weren't warned.

Your presence is required at the GA RALLY in October. Gimpy Rob will be going. You can follow him down. Don't make us come up and get you.
Wreckerman:

I know I've seen you use that expression above before, but had never thought it through like this....

If we are indeed all "addicts", and society seems to think that addictions make persons "societal monsters"; combined with the acronym G.I.L.A., does that make us all GILA MONSTERS ?!?!?!?

Gila Monster 2.jpg . Gila Monster 3.jpg . Gila Monster 1.jpg

Carry on.

Last edited:

rory1919

October sounds great and all but I will be unable to attend. As for a recovery mission, you better bring a large **** as I will be off the coast of Venezuela.

Im in pretty excited about the whole ordeal.

As for for the gen set, I'm more worried about the large size. 30kva is pretty massive. I just started reading all kinds of stuff on it last night about wet stacking when pulling too little if a draw and such.

So it might just get stored in the barn for natural disasters and I will be in the lookout for a 103?

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats from Kentucky, a truck, trailer, generator, and an accommodating Mrs. , you are set. Teach her to drive it, she'll fit in the drivers seat probably better than you. Definitely keep the generator handy, when the lights go out you will be king of the block.
JC

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site! 30kw wouldn't even blink at your house o both your neighbors. I would recommend selling or trading for a smaller one.

Definitely try to make a rally. You will learn tons of useful info by reading the TMs and reading on this site.

Just be careful. Or she will steal it for real and you will just have to get another one!

Ask me how I know...

asset.jpeg

tara

Thank you for all of the welcoming messages. While I was rather surprised as it was hauled in, I think it's a really fascinating machine and do want to learn more about it. We spent the evening backing it into the driveway with my uncle's dump truck. I guess it's time for some light reading (the TM's). Goodnight.
tara
(rory's better 1/4)

FloridaAKM

Welcome aboard Tara, you & Rory will have a lot of intresting days working on the Deuce & learning all about it. Have fun & ask away of any questions you run into, there are many guys here who are very up to date on these trucks, but don't forget to read the TM's also. Enjoy!

Shark Bait

Welcome aboard to the both of you. I guess if I would start asking or informing my wife BEFORE I bring home green or it is delivered she would be my "soldier B "?? But, my addiction seems to overlook that obstacle each time my adrenaline gets revved up. Haha. Until then my "B" is a marvelous 10 year old blonde. Lol. Ice cream runner truck it is!