• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

look what I found today

1qwkgoat

Was out on the back raods teaching my girl friend to drive a manual trans. When we saw this. It's only a mile from my parents house. I've always wanted a big MV but just recently got into it big. But I'm still not that good at idenitfying them. I put this in the 5 ton and up is because I saw what looked like a muffler. And I thought that the cummins in those had a muffler, and the 2.5's didn't. Sorry about the quality all I had on me was my phone. It was tagged couldn't see if it was current or not, nobody was home so no other info

1qwkgoat

I don't care for a tank truck I want a 818 or 813. I'm going to go back in a few days and see if I can find anything out abou it. Unless I could get a for a to good to pass up price. It looks like it would run it was 25 feet from the fence so that was as close as I could get. All the tires on that side had air, the grass wasn't grown up around it, but I couldn't see any track leading up to it. It had a oklahoma tag on it could see if it was current or not. It was parked right up by the road.there was a bunch of other junk,trailer house, some old work trucks further out in the field that you could tell had been sitting for some time. It gave me the impression it was for sale but I couldn't find any for sale sign.

1qwkgoat

I might have to think about that. I'll have to see what is going on I didn't know about it,I'm new. I don't have a MV of any kind yet though. I how ever would love to see some that are running in person. where can I find more info on this meet. I'll go check the meets forum now

L1A1

Hello
Well like you guys I'm no exbert either but, what that looks like to me is an 800 series 5 ton which had the NC250 Cummins Diesel in it. An easy identifier for a 5 ton is the BIG air filter on the fender (Left fender?) and all the extra space between the front tire and the back of the fender.
Matt

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Must have been the day for it. I ran across a deuce, 151, and a couple trailers. All in weeds, needing TLC, but nothing for sale. I invited the owner to check out Steel Soldiers. The vehicles will get some attention one day from the way it sounded.

I'll go back for pics one day, or ask him to post. I got his info. He's fellow Air Guard.

1qwkgoat

yeah it had a bar on the back and you could tell it had been used to spray oil down. It had numbers on the bumper that had been lightly painted over I couldn't make them out. But I could if I could have gotten close enough.

1qwkgoat

I'll try to be at the rally, It's about 200 miles from my house. I would love to go I'll just have to see how things work out. O just in case there is any confussion about my name. I have a goat but not a gamma goat, but a 05 GTO and that where my name came from it's what I use on my other forums I visit. New here but think I'm going to like it.
Chad

MarineVet3531

Definitely an 800 series. The older M-54 5 ton had the air cleaner on the right fender. We just got a bunch of 813's in the uni I was with, a couple of months before I got out in '81.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks