• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Look what i found today!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
SON!!!!!!!Ya done good.....the radiator would scrap for 50 bucks at least (if you got lucky and it is good then you really got over).

Keep all the good parts and sent the rest to China (via your local scrapper).

Use the profit to buy the guy a cold one.....he did you a solid.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, pop those shackles off and hook on a tow bar. But really, a roll back would be a chinch. Otherwise I would use a car hauler trailer and a couple of sheets of 3/4" plywood, and a 5 ton come-along. You could get it skidding up onto a trailer. That is a great find.

RAYZER

Hey thanks for all the recovery ideas, acually was thinking about striping it down to just the frame and motor/trany (like xm sugested) to make it easyer to move on to a trailer, have allready been removing some parts,next i think ill drop the fuel tank so not to damage it,thinking about using it on my deuce as a second tank, most of the rest of the cab is shot, but ill save what i can. what does half of a frame, motor and trans weigh?

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Motor is 1800, transmission and T/C another 300-500, tires 165-175 each, front axle 400+, cab a couple of hundred, plus the frame, in my estimation. Who has something more exact?

RAYZER

I would take it home piece by piece in the back of my picup or car trunk if I had to. Nice find congratulations.
Didn't Johny Cash do a song on that? ya ,rented one of those 18' tilt back trailors and drug it on and off, it sure has come in handy for spare parts!

JeepMan

Someone might like to sit in it and make motor noises :p

Yard Art or a ideal rec room decoration!!
To think how surplus dealers would buy up stuff like this all the time as residue from the gov't to use as parts for other trucks they bought.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks