• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Look what I found.

cucvrus

M1009.jpgReceived a call that an estate sale had a few MV parts that they wanted to sell. 1986 M1009. Disassembled but it started and ran. It's coming home with me as soon as I can get it out of the legal quandary it is in with the estate. I had more pictures I could not post. A few parts may be missing but it is a decent vehicle.

dmetalmiki

"Kit car", (truck!) well done nice deal. Get it home get wrenching and report up with pictures and dialog of the restoration to full 'truck-hood'.

cucvrus

I can not tell a lie. it was mine before back in 1998. It was taken apart and never finished by the buyer. He had big ideas. He has A/C parts and all planned for it and got no where. The odometer still shows 50? K miles and it still has the same Goodyear tires that I put on it when I sold it. So I trust the mileage. I was surprised that it started right up. The glow plug relay buzzed and chattered a bit. It had low voltage but it started and went into gear. I just discovered today that it was one I had previously owned. I noticed the work I had done to it. Today was the first day that I was allowed to touch it because they came over to the house for Easter dinner and brought the keys to me. I still have a few legal hoops and hurdles. Not sure what to do with it at this point. Lots of parts missing and lots of extra parts. Some extras.

cucvrus

The reason is the wife's of the buyers hate me and think I should take them back because they hate them CUCV's. I am good with that. The only problem they know how much the husband paid for them CUCV's and the tons of money they spent on them and parts and want every penny back with interest. I pass up a few and some just want them gone because the auction guy tells them they should junk the old truck it won't bring anything at the estate sale and it just lowers the price with the junk sitting around. I am all over that action. Nailed it several times in the past few years with the trucks coming back to me. I like the sequels better.

cucvrus

No crawlers here except the type that crawl at night in the lawn. I like them and have more use for them then a truck with big over priced tires that I need step ladder to get in and out of. I am an old man I like stock height. Always worked for me or I just stayed out of that area. I never missed a day of wheeling with a stock truck. I let other guys amuse me at their expense. I just sit back and watch. Since the invention of You Tube I don't even have to get my feet dirty watching and have a comfy seat to sit in. Can't beat it. Chase you behave and thank you for the greetings yesterday. Still time to get up the creek.

CUCVLOVER

Very Cool. I really like how this CUCV has come back to you after so many years! Maybe there's a reason for that??

stationjj
No crawlers here except the type that crawl at night in the lawn. I like them and have more use for them then a truck with big over priced tires that I need step ladder to get in and out of. I am an old man I like stock height. Always worked for me or I just stayed out of that area. I never missed a day of wheeling with a stock truck. I let other guys amuse me at their expense. I just sit back and watch. Since the invention of You Tube I don't even have to get my feet dirty watching and have a comfy seat to sit in. Can't beat it. Chase you behave and thank you for the greetings yesterday. Still time to get up the creek.
Your not that old lol.
I guess you could wheel or daily driver it just like it sits.
YouTube is the best for stuff like that. What is the actual plan for this 09?

cucvrus

I am going to paint and coat the entire vehicle in Basic Flat Black. I will name it The CUC/V Shadow. Going forward that is what I will refer to it as. I was looking for a nice M1009 to do my full black on everything black. With the black LED headlamps and the blacked out glass. Coming to my garage summer 2017? If I am lucky. I am full for the summer 2016 on a few big overhauls. I will post accordingly.