• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

look what i found

joshuaz223

the other day my brother texted me a picture of a truck and said it would make a good little brother for the deuce. after calling about it i decided he was right. other than having to pull the top off to fit in the trailer and it being cold and snowy nat a bad recovery. about a 400 mile round trip. got a lot of spair parts with it hopefully i wont need them.

Attachments

joshuaz223

well so far i have found that the body and frame don't match and there is an approx 50 cal bullet hole in the top corner of the windshield frame. had to have thrilled the driver. the bullet would have entered the cab right over the drivers head and exited in the corner between the outside two roof bolts. will post a pic when i get the last stubborn roof bolt off.

the one toolbox cover will not open when you turn the handle. it gets loose but will not open any suggestions? also need tires anyone got any. would like Michelin's to match the deuce.

the spare parts i got with the truck are

two gens
regulator
gen to reg cable
trans
transfer
shifters
two sets transfer case rubber mounts
gen mount
trans cover
PTO
two oil pumps one new
distributor
new fuel sending unit
water pump and fan
other misc stuff i don't remember

mixed in with the spare parts was the original air filter assy and the fuel can mount. i was very happy to find the fuel can mount. my son said my eyes lit up.

the grandson has already claimed the truck. he tells everyone that it's his army truck and that he is going to drive it to school. the wife told him he couldn't drive to preschool and he responded next year then.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice find, hard top too! Check the classifieds over on the M715 forum, someone had a full set of tires for free, just shipping! Jou will have to pull them off the 715 wheels but still free!
James

Carter

" one toolbox cover will not open when you turn the handle. it gets loose but will not open any suggestions? "

Oil the hinge and gently work the door, after a couple of days oil and try again until you get some movement. Keep doing that until you get full movement. Mine were stuck in the same way and worked free after several applications and flexing the hinge.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks