• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lookin' for some parts

Crazyguypa

I am looking for a new set of gaskets that go on either side of the J-pipe. I had to repalce the J-pipe due to the bottom being worn away, and found the gaskets to me almost non-existant. I checked Saturn and they were out of stock, and my local NAPA dealer didn't have anything that big. Does anyone know where to get a new set of gaskets? I'd like to have them whenever I get my new J-pipe from OD. (hint, hint Mike..... :? )

Also I am looking for a set of "drain cocks" (as the are called in the TM) which are the shut off valves to the personnel cab heater. The local NAPA guy wanted a ridiculous price for something close. I promptly told him he was out of his mind. :D These are the only pieces of the heater I was not able to find. I got a heater off Ebay, tested it and works great, but with out being hooked to the engine, it's of little use. I could hook it directly to the engine without the valves, but I don't want to go through a big hassle every year with the change of seasons.

Thanks for the help.....

Frank

devilman96

RE: Lookin

Yes yes yes... J pipes are rare these days!!! *ugh*

I have the gaskets comming in (new item) and they should be here Fri... I'll send you a set.

As for the valve... Ive been debating listing a cabled shutoff valve which can be controled from the cab and mounted in one of the many empty holes (unless you Bjorn lol)... Intrested?

goldneagle

As for the valve... Ive been debating listing a cabled shutoff valve which can be controled from the cab and mounted in one of the many empty holes (unless you Bjorn lol)... Intrested?
I installed one of the cable valves on my heater line and it works great. Here in Louisiana temperatures vary so much that you may need heat in the morning and AC in the afternoon! It's nice to be able to control the heat right from the cab.

Attachments

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
ida34 said:
Is that dryer vent tubing?
NO, its the new ultra light weight, flame resistant, top secret pressure equailization ducting the Army was testing a few years back, this must have slipped out in one of the test bed trucks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks