• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

lookin for upgrades for my 6.2 "84" 1 ton cucv

Rock_Solid

10-12 mph is about what they get. You should drill the air can, if the truck has more than average power gains, then your pump is turned up already. My pump was turned up when i got it. Also, when in 2wd high, the truck is a dog. The reduction in the xfer case helps with power in low. Try injector rebuild.

SmokeyDod

The black smoke most likely means your IP has had the fuel turned up on it. It shouldn't hurt anything, I have 4 of my trucks turned up and when pulling hard or pedal to the floor they will put out some black smoke. 2 of mine I put the banks tubo on it and they don't blow the black smoke as the turbo with extra air burns the extra fuel. The banks really makes it a enjoyable truck to drive and when pulling something it makes and unbelievable differance in pulling. Thats about the only way to make a noticable difference when truck is under a pulling load. Keep cking ebay--maybe one will show up. I'm in SC and i got 1 of mine from CA.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If your smoking black then you need more air. Both in and out. Get you some metric all thread cut two pieces a little longer that the original intake to air clearer studs. Swap them out and turn tha air cleaner lid upside down. It will get all the air it wants. The engine roar will get noticable louder! But your probally going to have to upen up the exaust also. The more air that you get in, needs to get out. You might consider cutting the exaust before the rear axle. That will reduce back pressure somewhat for cheep.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks