• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking at a Backhoe?

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got It!

It took a week of haggling but I got my Ford 4500 along with a dead battery, a few leaks and a full set of manuals(9 I think). Tried to pick it up Monday, that was a No-Go, way to heavy for my car hauler, it weighs way more than the 6400llbs it is listed as! Best price on the 52 mile haul is at $100 per hour I am guessing about $300 worth, not what I wanted to do but I don't want to trash my car hauler!
James G.

Attachments

bottleworks

RE: Got It!

Looking good. Still have the data plates? What model is backhoe section? Going to get rid of the automotive tires on the front?

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe

I got a Dodge 3/4 ton on GL so I could pull a larger trailer but so far I haven't found one to rent in the area! I found the data plate on the front end loader but no luck so far on the backhoe, where is it located, I may have to dig down through some grease to find it, a little TLC is needed, but everything works, except no lights at all on the machine?
James G.

Attachments

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Maybe

Lights are greatly overrated unless you plan on digging at night. :)

You will find a lot of uses for it. My favorite is using mine to pick up M105s while I change a tire. No, I don't get under it in any way shape or form. I don't trust my hoe that much.

steve

zak

You'll be happier with this model. Check the drive shaft for the hydraulic pump, if it goes so will your radiator. The hoe main swivel bushing tend to come loose. They are just spot welded in the housings. Put the leg guards back on so the rocks you dig up won't damage the cylinders. And put tractor tires on the front so you can steer in the mud. That tractor will do everything you need to do around the house. I'm jealous, I wish I had mine back!

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For $3200 i couldn't see how I could go wrong, everything works, leaks but works and I just had a guy call saying he would haul it for me at $3.25 a hauled mile, so I may even get it home in a week or so.
James G.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks