• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking at a MUTT

vtdeucedriver

Thats what I thought you guys were talking about. If the repair piece is not in the large kit then why have i seen this cross member repaired AND I have a repair piece to go in my A1? Somone must have made it? They came from the US govt and it wont fit anywhere else.

natem

The center section (where the suspension attaches) is not included in any rust out kit I have seen. I fabricated the one in my photo.

This is what is under the center section. By far the weakest point in the 151 frame.
As you can see it is the point where the front and rear frame rails join.

Attachments

Last edited:

Wile E. Coyote

That frame member is specifically spelled out in the military manuals as a scrap vehicle, do not repair.

Rick
Correct. As I said before, the literature that comes *with* the large rust out kit also says the body is not to be repaired if there's rust out in the frame member indicated in the posted photos. But that's because Uncle had spare bodies in the system, where we poor collectors have no such luck. So, as others have said, you have to have someone fab one unless you're capable of doing it yourself. Lots of measurements and copying and cutting spot welds and rust fixing. No fun.