• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking at buying a M923A2

Ttallent13

What is the going rate for a M923A2 in good shape, low miles 12000ish and low hours, 600 or so going for. Just a ball park. Ones I find are ones that have sold quit a few years ago or bo prices are listed.
thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It really depends on the truck, the mods/improvements done to it, the paperwork trail etc.

For instance:

I bought my 1990 M923A2 for a VERY reasonable sum. (Not stating because it really was a brother-in-law deal). It was titled for Offroad Use Only.

This is what I recovered:
Screenshot_20220101-185108_Gallery.jpg

Since that time, I've gotten the title straight so I can use it on road (which was a months long process), registered as a Former Military Vehicle (huge process in and of itself), rebuilt the PCB, installed many extras (backup camera etc), re-covered the seats, painted, replaced the bows and canvas, bought add ons for the trailer etc so now this is the truck:

Screenshot_20220101-185507_Gallery.jpg

And this is the trailer:

Screenshot_20220101-185641_Gallery.jpg

I've also done some "minor" stuff, replaced canvas straps etc.

All of this has to be taken into account when you're looking at a truck to buy.

Not to patronize you or speak down to you, but these aren't assembly line trucks like the Fords, Dodges etc.

2 trucks can have VINs 1 digit off and be completely different as far as mileage, mechanical soundness etc.

What you need to think about is your budget and what you want to spend up front vs down the road.

If you want a road ready no issue truck you can register and insure and drive down the road, be prepared to spend $15,000+ (and that's really the low side).

For a "project" truck or one you'll have to do a paperwork circus with, you may spend less.

At the end of the day it boils down to how much you're willing to spend, what you're looking for and how much work are you willing to do before you can enjoy the big beast now sitting in your driveway.

There are plenty of members here with trucks for sale in just about every stage you could want, from frame up resto jobs to "turn key" trucks you can enter into a show.

Best of luck and if I can help at all, feel free to ask here in the thread or in a private message/conversation.

Steelreaper80

I was going to paint my M925A2 matt black from camo but my oldest made me promise not to re-paint it. I asked him why and he told me I could hide better in the woods with the camo paint.........fair enough...lol

Back to the point of the thread. I agree Kendelrio. I paid $18,000 for mine and it was turn-key with ZERO upgrades. Now has a few more doodads on it. (Air ride seat, cup holders, 2000 watt inverter, LED lights, etc). Not to mention all of the mechanical upgrades/replacement parts that needed to be done on the truck.

Once you get it, you ABSOLUTELY have to go through it. Especially the wheel bearings. Once you start using the truck a LOT of little things will creep up. Seals will start to leak, old parts give up the ghost after 30 years of sitting. There is a lot to look at and maintenance but once you spend some time and a lot of elbow grease fixing, replacing, and upgrading, the truck will be AWESOME!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks