• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking at getting a Deuce, how much did you get yours for?

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Looking at getting a Deuce, how much did you get yours f

Got my keeper from Gl Barstow for $1200 with 400 miles on a new motor and new tires as well as a fresh service (had paperwork in glove box). Picked it up drove it home, without a top or windshield glass. Have spent $1200 to add a winch, top and glass with fresh coat of paint.

FreightTrain

Banned

Paid 3900 for mine from Joe Young back before he offically retired.Spent the extra bucks to have it shipped down since I bought it Right after 9/11 and it was officially the first stick shift I have ever driven(What a way to learn!).

rdixiemiller

Bought mine from an individual seller in Montgomery Al. Drove it home with my Nissan pickup behind on a towbar. $3K. Runs great, had a new cap top (vinyl), single 1100 radials, spring drivers seat. Clear title.
Couldn't be happier with it.

11ACR-LT

I paid $2,000.00 for mine, put fresh oil in it, 2 new batterys,topped off the other fluids and drove it home, 2yrs later,still runs great. A friend of mine got one last spring for $ 1800.00 that started right up, after fluid checks we drove to his house, it just needs paint.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!

There is a post about this already! I started it about late November (06) when I was looking for one. Mine was 2400.

rgregj

Got mine from a surplus liquidator in Columbia(his spare personal truck). Paid 2000.00 for it and a 1 1/2 ton trailer and two bed canvases to boot. Drove it home to Spartanburg (110 miles). Since then I've had to put windshields(rusted out) and a brake light switch in it. I drive it to work once a week at least. It is a bare bones deuce, no heat, sprag front end canvas top, bows and troop seats. Couldn't be happier though. Looking forward to restoration.

Greg

jkelly66

got mine on GL. for 2000 still a work in progress got it home changed the filters put bats in it cranked right up runs sweet. I will wind up putting almost another 1000 in it before its road worthy. Brought mine home on a gooseneck behind my F350 with 7.3 powerstroke done real good just have to take into acount the longer stoping distance. See pics below

Attachments

houdel

I got mine from GL at the Selfridge ANG Base in MI. I paid roughly $2750 with the GL bidders premium added in. That is a great price for trucks at Selfridge, anything listed there as "Running Condition" goes from $4000-$4500 or more.

It was listed as "running condition unknown", I was able to get ahold of an AF mechanic (ex-army) with a knowledge of Deuces. He checked it out for me, got it running, everything was fine except for one bad battery and the dogbone between the batteries was so loose it was starting to melt!

It had a very good paint job, the tires were great (the spare has never been on the ground, it still paint markings in the center of the tread!). It had troop seats, air shift axle, personnel heater, ether start kit, 16K miles since rebuild at TEAD and nearly a full tank of fuel. The AF mechanic met me when I picked it up and jump started it for me, I drove it 230 miles home on Gov't. fuel!

Between one new battery, a set of bows and cargo cover, and miscellaneous repairs, I figure I have $4000-$4500 in it. It starts and runs like a champ. I recently discovered a brake fluid leak around the master cylinder, don't know if it is the M/C or stop light switch, I don't have a covered space big enough to work on it and the weather recently has not been conducive to working outside in the open!

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I paid 625 for one in Corpus that had some rust issues. Then I bought a stripped parts truck in San Antonio for 450 that was an 86 Air Force unit with a flawless body. I swapped the bodies and sold the excess and am close to paying off most of the two with sales profits, plus have an extensive spare parts inventory. If you just take your time and swap stuff when a deal comes up it comes really cheap if you are willing to do the labor. :wink:

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
well you guys are hurting me.. I paid $4500 for mine +$500 for the S-280 shelter. Bought from Jeff Symanski with assurances there were no issues that would prevent me driving it home to texas from Virginia was it? Had decent 9.00x20's all around, very nice vinyl top, no problems, needed nothing really. Slight rust under the bed but nothing serious (yes I suppose I am one of those guys who went all the way north to bring something with rust back to the south!) and it has not increased, if anything, living here in TX has stopped it. So, while the cheaper prices are great, a higher price for a known quantity is in no way a bad deal. Could have as easily bought from Joe or anyone who was known at the time and been as happy.

rcadick

I also am planning on acquiring a deuce in the near future. What are the differences between an M36A2 and an M35A2? I noticed both listed in the vehicle specs section but didn't see much difference really. What years were the M35's produced? Is it safe to assume that the late model M35s are still in service with guard units or did production cease in the early 70's? It seems like all the deuces I have seen are from the early 70s and older. Thanks for your help! I have a feeling I am going to LOVE this site! :D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks