• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking at purchasing a m116a3, problems with data plate?

Silvrzuki77

Hey guys, I tired searching and didnt find any info about problems with having a unreadable data plate from GL. Is this something that is going to be a problem when trying to register it? I figure that NV dmv would just look for the frame vin numbers. Any info would be appreciated!!!!
chris

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Purchace a new data plate and apply your vin/registration number to it. Ensure it match Bill of sale, SF97 and frame number, if applicable.

TucsonVTXF

mine was/is hard to read but with a bright flash light and side lighting it I could read the numbers mine had the marine corps numbers printed on the data tag that was painted on the trailer along with the serial from the maker of the trailer

mdeboer

I purchased a M116A3 and the data plate has been removed. Contacted GL about were to find the VIN they told me to look on the frame that the manufacture stamps it there before creating the data plate. Any idea were on the frame this would be? Thank You

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks