• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for 1969 deuce owners

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
I'd like to correspond with owners of 1969-produced two and 1/2 ton trucks.

If you are not sure what model your truck is, IF the truck is ex-army, and if its original registration number (NOT manufacturer's serial number) is known - the last two digits of the registration number are "69".

I specifically want to know what style of seats and mirrors are installed in the 1969 trucks, and how these details are related to the serial numbers.

Thanks,
David Doyle

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My limited research has shown that a lot of Kaiser Jeep pipeline trucks were made circa 69. The numbers off my old one are little help as it was a Navy truck. If in fact it was a 69 it had an air shift case, box seat and west coast mirrors. Chris (SS) dad and Kieth Boda have sister Navy pipelines too.

ida34

David,
I have a sping seat for the driver and the regular bench for the passenger's side. Mine came with west coast mirrors but I think the Army changed over almost all the old mirrors over to the west coast style. Let me know if you need anything else. Mine was an Army truck with 69 at the end of the reg number.