• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for 4 in fabric heater air duct hose M37 etc

ODAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello all,

In my M37 restoration, I'm replacing the old gas 4 inch heater air duct hoses which run from the heater to the adapter, then diverter, then defroster.

The original hose is a steel wire reinforced black fabric material which I would like to replicate. Does anyone have a source?

Thank you.

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Airplanes use that duct called "scat" tubing.

Aircraft Spruce and others carry them.

They are "pricey", so be prepared...

ODAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you for the tip; I'm on the hunt.

Seems that the max size from Old Air is 3 1/4 in--I need 4 inch. The closest that Newco has is a Ferrari (yeah, that's right!) reproduction 100MM diameter sold by the foot ($29.50 per).

I found "Industrial Duct Hose"--not sure what that is-- (Zoro.com) 25 feet for $113 (sigh).

Also thanks to Mikev--never heard of "scat" except in the perjorative sense. Will check Aircraft Spruce and others.

Last edited:

ODAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup, looks like the scat duct is the right stuff.

Now I'm trying to come up with the appropriate internal justification for the purchase. Problem is that the spousal red wine bill tends to increase in direct proportion to the specialized "purist" restoration parts bill, thereby further increasing the project cost. 🥴

I guess I could try to hide it. But what is my response to, "Nice scat duct. Where did you get it?"

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks