• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for a 5 ton

JeremyB

Hello,

I am looking to move up from my deuce to a 5 ton in the future and would like to know what to look for and what to avoid in these bigger machines.

What is a good price for one too?

Thank you

panzerwillie

I see you live in lake mary , thats a little east of orlando , i go there quiet often, orlando, there is always those trucks for sale around, i just got a M52A2 a month or so ago, from OHIO , he had lots of 5 ton choices mainly M800 series, i think ther is a 5 ton for sale in the orlando area its a cargo truck i believe, not sure the conditions , what are you looking for do you have a prefences.........

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello,

I am looking to move up from my deuce to a 5 ton in the future and would like to know what to look for and what to avoid in these bigger machines.

What is a good price for one too?

Thank you
Cargo, Tractor, or other? M-39 series, M-809 series, or M-939 series? You can get anything from a gasser, to a multi-fuel, to a Mack, to a 250 Cummins, to an 8.3L Cummins. The choices are endless. Probably the cheapest way to get into a 5-ton right now is to look for an older M-39 series or an 818 from the 809-series. A lot depends on your budget.

Blythewoodjoe

I got your 5 ton RIGHT HERE!!

Heck, you should come up and get my Marine M813. It's still for sale at $5500 to Steelsoldiers members and with a little effort and lack of good judgement, you could drive it home this weekend :p. It was even singled out by the military with 14.00 radials.

5 ton monster

Check out John Winslow Sales 252- 917-3673 Pete, They have been restoring and building these things for 20+ years now and would probably do a trade with you. They are great guys and do everything possible to make sure their clients are happy with their new truck. They have a bunch of trucks and will also customize to your specifications.

Cargo, Tractor, or other? M-39 series, M-809 series, or M-939 series? You can get anything from a gasser, to a multi-fuel, to a Mack, to a 250 Cummins, to an 8.3L Cummins. The choices are endless. Probably the cheapest way to get into a 5-ton right now is to look for an older M-39 series or an 818 from the 809-series. A lot depends on your budget.
Why choose only one? It's not fair to the others.

bassetdeuce

Heck, you should come up and get my Marine M813. It's still for sale at $5500 to Steelsoldiers members and with a little effort and lack of good judgement, you could drive it home this weekend :p. It was even singled out by the military with 14.00 radials.
Heh, didn't know ya still had that beast Joe. Are those the tires that are nearly as tall as a person?

5 ton monster

There isn't much to know, The 5 ton trucks are larger and meaner looking than a duce, more powerful and have power steering as standard equipment. The M52' tractors don't need to have the frames cut to make a bobbed 4x4 truck and look mean as heck and Hemit wheels and tire bolt right up. I even saw a 5 ton 6x6 singled out with a shortened bed and it looked killer too. See you at the Daytona Allied Victory show and you can check mine out.

JeremyB

I think we need more info from you or more specific questions. Are you leaning tward cargo, tractor, expandable, etc? How do you want to use it?
Where is Lake Mary? I have a place in Frostproof, central Fl.
Lake mary is just 10 min North of Orlando.

I want to use the truck as a offroad recovery vehicle for my buddies as we go out mudding and as a means to haul supplys for my farm. I would like to locate one with a crane in the back in the distant future.

kochevnik

To revive this thread - I am also looking for a M52A2 5 ton, just wrote to Andy tonight. Also found these guys in TX altho they didn't answer my email yet :

Texas Military Trucks - Military Vehicles for Sale - Military Trucks for sale

I looked to if they were on here anywhere and found nothing. They are in NW Houston it looks like and have a bunch of M52A2's just wanted to know if anyone has done business with them, if they have a good rep or not ?