• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for a Diesel Motorcycle M1030 for my collection

saddamsnightmare

February 27th, 2010.

The Indian Enfield Company did one based on an altered English Enfield produced in India, it was supposed to get 200 MPG. And the USMC has some I believe, based on a Kawasaki or some such design. It's a wonder other bike builders haven't picked up the idea yet. Good luck on your hunt,

Cheers,

jsrovers

Thanks for the information. I should have been more specific. I don't need information about the bike. I want to purchase one. Sooner than later hopefully. If anyone has any information to the whereabouts of one of these bikes call me 612-239-4971

Thanks.

Sarge

jsrovers, you are looking for the 'Holy Grail' of military motorcycles!
I don't know if any of the diesel engined 'HDT' KLR's have made it into civilian hands yet.
I own (and so does M813RC) a couple of the M1030B1 (gas) KLR650's.
I searched for the diesel one for over a year, no dice.
There was a big push from KLR owners to get Kawasaki to produce a civilian version but it never happened.
If you ever find a diesel 650, BUY IT FIRST, then brag about it here!
Good Luck!
-Sarge

Snarky

It's really hard to get a hold of diesel motorcycles as far as I can tell. The military sucks up all the ones produced by the few companies that make them. I was looking for one too but ended up settling for a dual-sport gasser.

DELTANATE

jsrovers, you are looking for the 'Holy Grail' of military motorcycles!
I don't know if any of the diesel engined 'HDT' KLR's have made it into civilian hands yet.
I own (and so does M813RC) a couple of the M1030B1 (gas) KLR650's.
I searched for the diesel one for over a year, no dice.
There was a big push from KLR owners to get Kawasaki to produce a civilian version but it never happened.
If you ever find a diesel 650, BUY IT FIRST, then brag about it here!
Good Luck!
-Sarge
Hey Sarge,
I am up at Ft. Hood. How might I get a chance to ride one of your M1030 or take one off your hands for you?

jterry usaf

In March the Corps recalled the 200 Diesel KLR 650s, Sold off all spares through GL. They have to be offered to the Municiplitys first, Then they will hit the surplus market. i expect them to hit the begining of next year. 2012. John

skidder

Hay, any updates on KLR 650s yet i want one also. PM me with any infromation ??? WOW that schould be one **** of a dirt bike skidder

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks