• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for a driveshaft M1008

army98

Good luck with that, I'd just get one made or cruse the salvage yards. I got mine after many hrs of digging at a salvage yard.

danochamp

Yep, i'd go with the junkyard option too. These trucks are fairly common there, you shouldn't have too hard of a time finding one. If you do, look up some similar years and models that used the same driveshaft and scout out one of those.

Most smart manufacturer's use interchangeable parts and when a new bodystyle comes, the overhaul consists mainly of the body. Especially in the late 80's, no one buys a new truck because of an upgraded drivetrain, so it's very possible that the early 90's 2500's or 3500's have the same one.

Don't take my word though, I'm just taking a guess here.

Crash_AF

If you have the old one, just find a good driveshaft shop to re-tube the old one. Probably cost you about $150 or so. Depends on how much your time is worth digging around junkyards.

Later,
Joe

fredster67a

Question about Year and Model that fits

Good luck with that, I'd just get one made or cruse the salvage yards. I got mine after many hrs of digging at a salvage yard.
I am told that a driveshaft from a 3/4 ton or 1 ton will fit - just wondering if you know more - I measured the u joint and it appears to be about 3 1/2 inches from cap to cap and for the 1/2 ton pickups and samller they used a u joint that is 3 1/4 inches cap to cap- any advice you can give about what will fit would be really appreciated. Thanks

Fred

03silverado

I had to have a drive shaft retubed a couple years ago and it was pretty resonable about 125 bucks don't waste your time in the salvage yard because they fork all the vehicle also and there goes your drive shaft

03silverado

@fedster67a I had converted an old ford from 2 to 4 wheel drive and nobody had the correct shaft so after many hours of digging in the junk yards I finally just bought a bent one and took it up to I believe A1 drive shaft or A1 driveline in Baltimore they did a good job and it only cost me around $125 something to think about if you need one and you only live in College Park

rnd-motorsports

With the price of fuel just re tube! cheaper then running around and not finding one but any 3/4 or 1 ton 4x4 long box reg cab with a turbo 400 and 14 bolt rear should have the drive shaft

pmramsey

We have four M1028s on the farm and all had bent drive shafts. We resleeved, replaced universials, primed, painted, and balanced all of them. We could not be happier with the results. Due to the trannys and gearing, these driveshafts spend lots of time at higher RPMs and a half-baked driveshaft sooner or later, causes grief.

03silverado

No problem man now im not sure on the price anymore becuase i had mine done around 7 years ago so price may have increased **** place may not even be there anymore you know how companies disapear these days