• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for a FMTV Mechanic for 2007 Stewart & Stevenson M1085A1 MTV 6x6 Cargo Truck

InMemoryofRex

Looking for a FMTV Mechanic for 2007 Stewart & Stevenson M1085A1 MTV 6x6 Cargo Truck

I just drove the truck from Ft. Riley to my home in Longmont, CO.
Need someone to fix and teach me how to fix CTIS problem (fast flashing).
Need to learn how to do fluid changes, find parts, give this truck a good once-over.
Hoping to convert it into an expedition camper and take it into some pretty remote places.
If you have experience working on these trucks and you are willing to travel to Longmont, please let me know.
If you know an experienced mechanic / owner that has worked on LMTVs or FMTVs, please forward this message to them.
Thanks!
Toby at 303 776 six 0 0 seven
ss.jpg

InMemoryofRex

Hello Col. LMTV!
Thank you for your message.
I am currently in AZ, back in CO on April 6.
I'd love to talk to you when I am standing in front of the truck.
My cell # is 303 776 6007.
Can we talk when I am back and could we make an appointment to talk?
And - thank you for your offer, what can I do for you in return.
Best wishes, today from Tucson,
Toby ss.jpg

Ukraine Train

You know... if someone put together a decent video (like where you can hear and see everything well) going through PMCS, common repairs, tips, tricks, etc., I'd definitely shell out 20 or 30 bucks for a copy.

Lmtv772

Banned
You know... if someone put together a decent video (like where you can hear and see everything well) going through PMCS, common repairs, tips, tricks, etc., I'd definitely shell out 20 or 30 bucks for a copy.
That's why we are doing a seminar on how to PMCS the FMTV

Jammyhl

Thinking of building an expedition camper based on one of these as well. Have you got any feedback on the truck so far or any build plans/photos?