• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for a fuel filter gasket

ton10291

I have an early M37 with the fuel filter mounted in front of the voltage regulator and I finally got an element for it but before I can try it out it I have to find the gasket that goes between the upper and lower halves of the filter canister. Does anyone know where I might find one?

Thanks,

-Tony

ton10291

Thanks! I should have thought of that. I was just there on Thursday. Looks like I'll have to make another trip. Oh well, Going to Midwest Military is always a treat.

vtdeucedriver

Your lucky to have him if he is close. I was and still am to have George of VT commercial salvage about 30 min from me.

DieselBob

Any chance they cross over to a gasket on the deuce fuel cans. If I order them online from NAPA 10 ~15 at a time then the shipping ends up being almost nill per gasket. Just a thought.

1943ht

They are easy to make .. almost every auto store caries gasket materials .. cork etc ... did you get your element from John? That same element is also used in the fuel tank pickup .. I was lucky as both of my filters had their elements

vtdeucedriver

Is George Manarrie(sp) still floating around?, Has he got a website?
He is still around. Not much for inventory left on the M37 as Bizal and A.B have gotten a bunch of it over the last 2 yrs. But he still manages to bail out us local 37 owners still with his "secret stash".

ton10291

They are easy to make .. almost every auto store caries gasket materials .. cork etc ... did you get your element from John? That same element is also used in the fuel tank pickup .. I was lucky as both of my filters had their elements
I was there again Friday and John doesn't have them so I took your (and his) advice and made one from cork gasket material purchased from the local O'Reilly Auto Parts. Pretty simple - I just put the bowl on the material and ran an x-acto knife around it then put a spray can in the center of the circle the cut left and ran the knife around that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks