• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for a fuel pump in New York

beehumvee

Hi all,

My fuel pump is leaking when running (and for a while after stop the engine) and I have a friend travelling new york on wednesday till thursday. Does anybody knows a dealer in new york?

Many thanks!

papakb

Save yourself some money, this is the same pump:

FYI:

I just did this job on a friends HMMWV and there's no good way to push the fuel pump actuator pin back up into the block without removing the mounting plate. The gaskets are readily available and fit 1955 thru 1995 GM engines and only cost a few bucks so bite the bullet and remove the plate. I used wheel bearing grease to hold the pin up in the block when I remounted the plate and it washes out after the engine warms up so it won't cause any problems down the line. Use a touch of Permatex Hi-Tack to hold the gaskets in place. A word of advice when you do this job, remove the right splash panel and have a long extension with either a 3/8 swivel socket or a universal with a 3/8 socket to put things back together. This allows you to tighten everything up reaching in over the frame rather than busting your knuckles on all the solid stuff in the neighborhood.

HMMWV Fuel Pump Replacement.jpg Reference picture 3 in this bulletin

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks