• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for a GL teacher in Dallas

kieote

I want to get a truck(s) from GL but regardless of how many times i try to figure it out i get lost. So now i am looking for someone in the Dallas area who has bought from GL and would be willing to meet with me most likely several times from bid to delivery.

If i can't find anyone in Dallas i will open it up for anyone but i would prefer to meet in person and have someone teach me. Feel free to reply to the thread or send me a PM if you are interested and you think you can help me.

Thank you all.

wsucougarx

Just check out this forum and ask lots of questions. I went on my first recovery at the beginning of the month....solo. I drove my truck home....solo. So it can be done. Oh by the way, I have had ZERO experience with the deuces, so I was in the same boat as you. I prayed several times that GOD would lead me and He did. Just have faith that everything will work out and faith in the big guy upstairs and you'll make it through...seriously.

kieote

fast replies, the trucks i am looking at are not road worthy so driving them is not an option. I would just like someone to help me, i know its probably really easy but i want to learn, and i have about 9 days before the auction ends, i have been registered with GL for a long time but don't know anything about the paperwork and the steps. I would like a teacher.

wsucougarx

Oh, non-runners. Now that is an entire different story. Gosh I would have to say that you're going to need a few months if not years of teaching depending on what's wrong with the truck and your experience w/diesels ect. Does it say the engine runs, or starts but doesnt run, locked up rear, brakes don't work?

kieote

it says is that they are drained of fluids, and have no keys. I would like to get 2, 1 m1009 and 1 m1008, don't get me wrong would love an m35 but no where to keep it. I could live with only getting one for now.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
If your just getting a 1009 or 1008, bid away and when you win, call a tow truck just like your car was on the side of the road. You COULD bid on an alternator(or other truck part that needs an euc) so you see what the process is before you get the trucks.

kieote

i guess i am going to have to read up on my GL rules and forms again and hope i figure it out.

I was referred to an auto shipper here in texas that does GL work, i can't remember there name, any referrals?
(yes i know there is another section in the forums for this)

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree with the "pick something small and bid on it" if you are that worried.

If you have a GL account already to go then bid on something this week when this round starts. If it were me I would pick an article anywhere in CONUS and bid the $150 to start and get out and then watch it. That gets the blood pumping and you are on your way.

If you are buying a non-runner then get a truck and trailer and go pick it up or get a shipper to haul it for you or if it is close enough have it towed.

As far as a teacher goes for a non-running truck take a tip from the past TV show Kung Fu. He started as a small boy and grew into an adult before he could go out on his own. I don''t think you have that much time. :)

I was just playing with the bidding and ended up with a Deuce. Fortunately I have the land and the money to cover the error. ;-)

Good luck and get going.

steve

kieote

Thats funny about the deuce bradley. I just was looking over GL since its been a while and for some reason it seems easier than the last time i looked at it. I guess i will give it a shot and besides spending $50 or $150 on a truck is a small bid.

After all how bad could it be.......

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Make sure you read the previous GL posts so you know what you are in for. Better that you know what you are in for, than to be blind sided.

dm22630

I would make a site visit and looks underneath of them. A bunch of trucks that just went to auction in Ft Meade....LOOKED good from the pics, but after going to the site and looking underneath of them, they were rusted BEYOND REPAIR! The frames were seperating like pringles chips & they looked like they had been sitting in saltwater for years. And even though they were auctioned out of Maryland, they came from upstate New York. Dont assume that just because they are auctioned out of Texas that they are from there.

2cents

kieote

I hope i don't get blind sided, i feel that i am as ready as i will get with out doing it or someone holding my hand.

I would love to go look at the lot first the problem is its 2.5 hours away, and i don't have a car, or truck at the moment so i could end up blind sided on that. I am hopeful that i can get a truck for a cheap enough price that if something like that happens i can salvage some parts and walk away alright. I would feel better if they listed one of their very none specific condition codes on the listing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks