• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

looking for a hmmwv or h1

jjramrod

does anyone know where i can get a hmmwv or h1 with a blown engine and tranny maybe thats been sitting forever in a field of something with vines growing on it dont care if it has a title or not just looking for a good project thanks

Ryanhooker

Do a search and you can find some info. I have a few started. Talk with Ted Gates. As for finding a a barn story, you might as well get ready to pony up some money. The only time i have seen one go cheap was on one of my posts and that was for 8500. Just to let you know, there are a few on ebay. Most people know what they have, an are holding tight to them. An with the reset of the units, there not leaveing as scrap very much. I wont BS about what I dont know, but beware ones that the owners are flakey on the info about it. I was almost a buyer of one, seller is now in federal prison. I be glade to help you any I can. I know where 2 are at the moment, but they have a price tag to match. 1 is a titled runner at 30,000 and the othere is at kascar and is listed for sale 26,000 no drive train. I would also tell you to do as I am look for a wrecked H1 and buy it and convert it to a Hmmwv. There is a wrecked wagon on the bay. It will need some body panels but would be great for a Hmmwv conversion 998 or hard top. it is in the mid teens and runs and drives..

papaydsailor

with the news that GM will be stopping producing hummer and AM general stopped making H1, will there be a chance that the prices for all this used H1 and surplus humvees will go down like the present selling price of dues and military chevy blaser and jeeps.

Tanner

Don't count on prices going down anytime in the near future. The limited supply of available vehicles in the public domain will tend to keep prices high & you'll have to 'pay to play'... then you get the fun of some of the engine parts being unique to the HMMWV and you can't get then from local Chevy dealer...

'Tanner'

mikeyapproved

Rolling Chassis project...

does anyone know where i can get a hmmwv or h1 with a blown engine and tranny maybe thats been sitting forever in a field of something with vines growing on it dont care if it has a title or not just looking for a good project thanks
Hi.

I have a project for sale on ebay right now...

Search: "Hummer Rolling Chassis Project"

Might be a start to what you are looking for??

Mike

Up in BC...

DicedDeuceMan

I did the search, it also brought up the Mattracks hummer... woohooo.. Boy if the H1's didn't ride ruff enough, lets add that to them.. lol..