• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

looking for a M1008/M1010 radio mount

M1028A1ShelterCarrier

Does anyone have a radio mount in their pickup? Either the one that goes over the 4x4 shifter or on the passengerside floorboard. I am looking to buy one if anybody has a spare. Pics would be great of your pickup setup. Thanks

gasser

RE: M1010 radio tray photos

Hey Ron, with that mount like that ... are you pretty much limited to being in 4wheel drive all the time? It appears you can't move the shifter that much - no?

-graham

smoke1

Hi Graham!
Nope, It is a little tight moving the lever, but it has full motion. That is the stock radio mount for the pickups and ambulances.
Ron

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter

The M1010's have the "bent" transfer case shift lever. It actually points to the rear as is seen in the pics, so it does not interfere. That bracket will not work in an M1008, M1009 or M1028. It might work if you are running in 4L all the time, but I doubt it based on the pics...

gasser

Ahh, and that makes sense. Yeah, it seemed like it had to be used properly with a special transfer case shifter.
Thanks for the explanations ....

-graham

mutt1966

If I remember you can take the transfer lever from the 205 transfer and replace
the 208 transfer lever with it that will solve the problem. Would anyone be willing
to get the measurments for the mount I'd like to fab one up. Thanks Scott

dilvoy

Mutt1966, I have a Chevy truck with a factory installed NP205 and the shifter although different, still will not allow the use of the radio bracket unless the shifter is bent back or the bracket is raised and the amount needed makes mounting anything substantial impossible. I was thinking the same as you but I gave the radio bracket to a friend when I found out about still having to bend the shifter lever. I'm going to use a bench seat and there was not a happy medium to make things work easily enough.

muddobber40

also, on the 205 shifter it actually pivots on a bolt going to the t-case adapter. Where as the 208 has its own assmebly bolting to the floor. If anyone is in need of a shifter from a M1010 let me know. I have a couple.

cobra

Im sorry that i don't personally have a m1010 radio mount in my m1010, But there is a scrapped m1010 at my base, and i will check it for you....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks