• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for a M270 or M172 style trailer

newt

If anyone has any leads on a M270 or M172 style trailer could you get in touch with me via a PM or here. I'm looking to pull a halftrack behind Dave's "ARMYMAN30YEARS+" old M52.
Thanks

M1075

Why the M270? I think you are going to be much better suited with an M172. Well built, lower to the ground, and a dovetail to boot. The ramps are VERY heavy though. Also overwidth in stock form. Check around on GL. I see them on there all the time.

I have always loved this pic.

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I answered my own question by using Google.

The M127 trailer is listed as a 12-ton capacity. The M3 halftrack is listed as 18,600 pounds weight, or 9.3 tons, so the standard-height flatbed M127 should be able to handle it. There are some on GL right now, or there are 5 sitting unhappily, awaiting new owners in a junkyard in central PA, close to you. Only problem I see is the fact that they are standard-height deck trailers, and will require a loading dock to load/unload the halftrack. Not a problem if you just want to move the halftrack around, but would be if you are taking it to shows....

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh, SNAP! I did it again, forgot to post the whole story.

There IS a M172 lowboy for sale in Northern VA, by another Steel Soldier by the name of TacticalTruck. PM him for more info, I'm sure he has pics.

newt

Thanks for the lead on the 172. The 270 series would be a first choice for me because sometimes I might have company on board. The empty wieght on my track is just under 15K. However I have a nine ton gooseneck I tow it around with now with a one ton Ford DRW tow boss. That moves my buddies scout car real easy too. Is the 172 over sized width? I tlooks like it would be perfect match. Bud with the Sherman told me about one in Va. You must be the the guy. Are there ramps with it ?

TacticalTruck

Yes, it's about 9.5' wide. I don't have original ramps but they are HEAVY anyway. I could make up some lighter ones that would hold up to your half-track. I also have extra radial tires on rims, if you'd like to convert from bias-ply. It needs wood work done to it but otherwise it's in good shape. We re-built the landing gear and that works well.
Jeff

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks