• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for a m809 series 5 ton radiator and fan.

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
SO on my recovery of the 5 ton from Ft Hill AFB I lost my radiator, when the fan's mounting pulley came loose and took a slow nose dive into the radiator.

So the radiator shop in Burley Idaho is said to be able to work on truck radiators.
So says the mechanic from the towing company.

Anyone had experience with a large truck radiator rebuild?
Or is it better to buy parts and replace.

I see the top and bottom bolt onto the core sections, which makes it look like an easier task to approach for a radiator shop.

I am going to contact Boyce, any other suppliers I can contact?

I am tempted to get it trucked the other 450 miles of the trip and handle it here.

Anyway, as alway the comments from the group are greatly appreciated and respected.

Tony

Attachments

Knucklehead

I have had radiators recored in heavy trucks before and have had good results. You have bolt on tanks, and there are some places where you can get a kit to recore your own radiator. It is not too difficult and it saves a bunch of money.The last one I did on my own was a 1440 square inch monster out of an Autocar I owned. I am leary of used radiators as the condition can be questionable despite overall looks. To me a used radiator is like taking a shower and putting on dirty clothes. Whats the point.

Scrounger

I had a similar thing happen with one of the 818s. Two of the bolts that hold the fan hub bracket broke off and the fan shifted forward into the radiator. I picked up a new radiator from TNJ Murray out of Delaware. http://www.tnjmurray.com/specials.html is the link for the 800 series; the site has a misprint these are for the 800. I would suggest replacing the lower hose at the same time, they are much easier to install with the radiator out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks