• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for a M818 Tractor

HECKLER

I have owned my M35A2 for a while now, and I think I'm ready to step it up. I've set my mind on the M818 Tractor.

I have some questions:
What is a good price for one?

How do yeah run on the road? Do they run like a over the road big rig or about as fast as a M35?

Can they be hooked up to civilian trailers?

And are there any for sell and the lower Alabama area?

Thank You for any information.

Pappa-G

I have owned my M35A2 for a while now, and I think I'm ready to step it up. I've set my mind on the M818 Tractor.

I have some questions:
What is a good price for one?

How do yeah run on the road? Do they run like a over the road big rig or about as fast as a M35?

Can they be hooked up to civilian trailers?

And are there any for sell and the lower Alabama area?

Thank You for any information.
Price depends on condition but generaly speaking good condition under $4k -grab it.

Not so much "ride" like a big rig but WAY more power than a duce and better drive than a duce.(power steering, extra 100hp, muffler)

Not sure of civilan trailer compatability.

I've got one in MI I'll sell ya!:-D

Best of Luck with your search!

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Papa's dead on .

You can hook them to civi trailers , as long as the landing gear is far back enough for the wheels.

I got one in NC is part with but id ask alot more than 4K. But thats true , if you can find one for 4 or less get it on the spot.

KsM715

I took a risk and went the GL route. Just a tick over $3000 out the door. Jumped it on the lot, added some power steering fluid and drove it 300 miles home. It needs a few things to make it in "great condition" but as is Id say it's in pretty good shape. As for driving, it'll only do 50-55 on stock tires. Even with a muffler (stock) its loud.

They even painted my name on it for me.

Attachments

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
What a kind and sweet GL guy lol -

Let put it like this , dont sell your Duece to get one. 5 tons are Great trucks but you will want a Duece to just jump in and drive around in . Like a Mazda car to a Mack truck.

dm22630

Let put it like this , dont sell your Duece to get one. 5 tons are Great trucks but you will want a Duece to just jump in and drive around in . Like a Mazda car to a Mack truck.

:ditto:

5 tons get STUCK a lot easier than deuces.

I have never been stuck in a deuce.

I got stuck 3 times (twice in my yard & once in my woods) with my 5 tons.

KsM715

MSgt Lee the GL rep at Norman took a few days off and let some "kid" as he put it,. handle the GL loadouts and said he ended up shipping the wrong trucks to the wrong people so he went out and painted the remaining trucks with the new owners names. Tell you what it felt good to walk up to the truck and see "RUNS" painted on it.

oilcan

I'm not sure I'd agree with the 5 tons sticking easier than a deuce. At least it doesn't happen that way in my experience.

It could be that I'm a little more cautious with my nice 818 than my old trail deuce, though.

dm22630

I'm not sure I'd agree with the 5 tons sticking easier than a deuce. At least it doesn't happen that way in my experience.

It could be that I'm a little more cautious with my nice 818 than my old trail deuce, though.

My front yard........

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks