• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

looking for a Mack f model

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am looking for a nice F model Mack . Would prefer a Daycab with the maxadine motor. Thank you for any leads.

Chuck

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No I will be keeping the 750. I love that truck. My dad was with Overnite for 20 years and he has always loved those f models. He retired from them in 1983. I can remember riding with him on a few trips and going to those trucks rodeos as a kid.

I want to restore one and finish it in the blue and gray Overnite scheme. I know he would just love it.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Truck paper.com has one that looks amazing for a not so bad price. Its a hevy spec one. Ebay has them time to time.

Try Mack truck sites or forums, you might have better luck than the MV Forums. Thats where I find the good ones. -Jay

I forgot to add try Brad Wikes in NC. He has a web site and a youtube. He restores antique trucks and has some for sale.

Last edited:

poppop

I have got one and its retired Overnight also. Its already blue and grey. I put a dump bed on it and it serves its purpose for me. I don't want to sell it but might consider a trade for an R model.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lloyd you are teasing me.:p Located close to home also. You got any pictures? I don't have an r model to trade but it seems the R models are easier to find.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Yeah ,they should be pretty easy to find. My first vehicle/car/etc was a Mack R-600. I drove that thing all over the place. Id like to have a early 50's East Coast B-61 myself.

I guess the F on epay and truck paper are gone. Im sure there will be more. -Jay

poppop

SETOYOTA, I took pictures this afternoon but for some reason my camera cord will not hook up to the computor tonight. I will try again tommorrow. The truck is a 1970 Model, looks jusk like the one in your picture without the windscreen on top of the cab. Mechanically the truck is in very good shape, engine runs great and does not use any oil, drives great, shifts good and the rears are quite. The trans does make a noise in reverse, I think one of my employees did not enguauge it good and it jumped out of reverse and chipped a tooth. Cab is straight with some rust and a little bondo. The interior shows its age and use. The axle trunnon bushings are loose. It would be an excellent truck to restore and if you are interested all I require is an R-600 to take its place. It does have excellent grip tires which I might want to trade for the tires on the trade truck. As I stated this truck serves my purpose, but I have been thinking about finding an R Model with a blown engine and using the F model for a parts donor. I have never gotten used to sitting up so high and swaying back and forth.

Bulldog mack, I have a friend with a B-61. It is also in great mechanical condition and he was going to restore it. He is 70 years old and made mention just a couple weeks ago he was to old for any more projects and would sell that truck.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lloyd Maybe we can work out something. Does your truck still have the center cap in the steering wheel?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks