• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for a part, don't know what it's called

RaggedyMan

The headlights are attached to a plate. This plate is attached to the truck by 6 studs that attach by nuts to the front of this plate and on the rear to the support. The center of these studs are rubber to cushion the headlights from vibration (I suppose). The rubber has sheared off on all of them allowing the headlight assembly to hang by the wires.

I can't find them on the sites I've looked through, nor do I know what they are called in order to search.

Can someone tell me what they are and/or where I can get them?

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
McMasters-Carr, #9376K16
so there is 6 for each headlight.
part target says 8741441 or 2AL78s
nsn 5342-00-182-3726
but that shows 1/4-28 threads both ends out 3/8" with a 1.75 OD

Thankyou for the information.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
That's not the correct diagram for what I was asking, what I'm referring to are the 6 mounts for the plate that the headlight and infrared (I think) are attached to.
OK, that which I posted was so one can see the TM number printed on it to give a search starting place. If it is not in that TM 2320-209-20-3-1 then the following can help and maybe your answer is in the -34 and -35 TM's.

It is all in the TM's. There is a SS member that would tell you to read the TM's and be done with it.
I offer the following I thought to be a very good "roadmap" and SS gives the books for free.

This is from Recovry4x4 on or about 10282013.

FYI, there are 2 common sets of TMs online for the deuce.
TM 9-2320-209xxxx and TM 9-2320-361xxxx.
The 209 series has about 11 books and the 361 series condensed it to 5.
Unless you are proficient with TMs, I guide everyone to the 361 series for ease of use.
Remember that -10 books are owners manuals, -20 or -24 are unit maintenance (minor stuff) and the 34 and 35 stuff is depot (major work). As DH pointed out, books ending in P are parts manuals.

If you get good at searching then you can tell me where all the metric threads are in a Deuce.

RaggedyMan

This is from Recovry4x4 on or about 10282013.

FYI, there are 2 common sets of TMs online for the deuce.
TM 9-2320-209xxxx and TM 9-2320-361xxxx.
The 209 series has about 11 books and the 361 series condensed it to 5.
Unless you are proficient with TMs, I guide everyone to the 361 series for ease of use.
Remember that -10 books are owners manuals, -20 or -24 are unit maintenance (minor stuff) and the 34 and 35 stuff is depot (major work). As DH pointed out, books ending in P are parts manuals.

If you get good at searching then you can tell me where all the metric threads are in a Deuce.
Good info, I get frustrated flipping from one TM to another forgetting which 10 or 12 digit numbered (or how ever many) TM's I've already looked at..

steelandcanvas

Anytime you run across these types of general use components, look in the Grainger, Fastenal or McMaster-Carr catalogs, you'll find that the prices are much more appealing. For example: Looking for gladhand seals? Fastenal has them.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
The TM's that end in -P ( parts TM) also have illustrations of the parts .
OK, the rest of it Remember that …………………..

-10 books are owners manuals,
-20 and -24 are unit maintenance (minor stuff)
- 34 and 35 stuff is depot (major work)
Books ending in P are parts manuals with parts illustrations.
Thanks porkysplace

now......where did I see all those work packages? (like WP00001)

rustystud

OK, the rest of it Remember that …………………..

-10 books are owners manuals,
-20 and -24 are unit maintenance (minor stuff)
- 34 and 35 stuff is depot (major work)
Books ending in P are parts manuals with parts illustrations.
Thanks porkysplace

now......where did I see all those work packages? (like WP00001)
Those are in the 361 manuals and newer. They went to a new system for the mechanics since they don't seem to know their butt from a hole in the ground !

RaggedyMan

Anytime you run across these types of general use components, look in the Grainger, Fastenal or McMaster-Carr catalogs, you'll find that the prices are much more appealing. For example: Looking for gladhand seals? Fastenal has them.
Great Scott!! I have a Grainger and a Fastenal less than 3 miles away, I could have had that fixed already. When I saw the prices the surplus dealers were asking I thought they must be made from Unicorn sinew.

And thanks to everyone on the TM information, it all makes better sense now.

steelandcanvas

Great Scott!! I have a Grainger and a Fastenal less than 3 miles away, I could have had that fixed already. When I saw the prices the surplus dealers were asking I thought they must be made from Unicorn sinew.

And thanks to everyone on the TM information, it all makes better sense now.
The surplus dealers think some of this hardware is specialized to MV's. With a little searching, a guy can save quite a bit of money.

rustystud

The surplus dealers think some of this hardware is specialized to MV's. With a little searching, a guy can save quite a bit of money.
I've only come across a few items that are strictly made for the military. The rest of the stuff is normal vehicle items. I really love McMaster-Carr. They carry so much of everything !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks