• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for a part for an 4a084

67Beast

The P.O. ripped the rubber intake boot on my 4a084 that's in the chemical shelter trailer. This is the boot that runs from the air cleaner to the carb. Anyone have one or know where to get one? I tried Saturn when I bought some other parts for it to get it running but they didn't have any. Appearently they could not figure out how to get it up and over the crank vent and just sliced it instead. :roll: Any help?

67Beast

wreckerman893 said:
Send me a pic and I'll see if there is one on the engine I took out of mine.
I don't have the camera on me right at the moment, but it is the black rubber dog legged shaped piece that runs from the outlet on the air filter canister up to the carb. It then screws to the bell of the carb with 2 little screws. When I was looking through all your pics about reverse engineering the M51s I did not see it on the motor, but I don't know if you had pulled it off when trying to get the motor running.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
67B....I remember that part now. It was specifically designed to self-destruct if you removed it from the carb. Mine is FUBAR also.
I am planning to replace mine with a custom fabricated setup made with an import tuner air filter.
If I part out the other units I'll try to get you one whole.

67Beast

wreckerman893 said:
67B....I remember that part now. It was specifically designed to self-destruct if you removed it from the carb. Mine is FUBAR also.
I am planning to replace mine with a custom fabricated setup made with an import tuner air filter.
If I part out the other units I'll try to get you one whole.
Thanks wreckerman, it looks like you have to unbolt the cover plate that the breather tube that runs through the boot is on. That might let the breather tube come off with the boot to keep from ripping it. Right now I have redneck fixed it by filling the rip with a gas resistant sealer we use in the motorcycle business called motoseal. It's a temp fix and should work for a while. Then to fix were the boot was ripped from the carb mounting plate, I just welded in a short piece of tubing to the plate. That lets me slip the boot up over it and tighten it with a hose clamp.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks