• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for a pin and sleeve connector for MEP-804A genset

robertsears1

My MEP-804A genset came with a electrical connector for the output. I believe it is called a pin and sleeve type. It has the name BURNDY 32-12 on it and places for five pins; three phases, a neutral, and ground. I have looked on ebay and even the Burndy site without luck. I have not called a place like Delk's yet, I thought I would ask the brain trust first. I don't know if this was standard since the -10 just shows some kind of canvas bag deal where the output is on the control end of the unit.

Robert

2014-11-04 16.32.40.jpg2014-11-04 16.33.20.jpg

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It doesn't look like Burndy makes those connectors anymore. Hubbell still makes pin and sleeve connectors. Grab your rear end though when you buy them. They are pricy. For a couple hundred dollars you can put on regular twist-lock connectors.

DieselGenAC

Those are MIL-C-22992 Class L connectors. Amphenol still makes them but they are expensive. Take a look at the waterproof IEC 60309 pin and sleeve connectors which come in every voltage, current, and phase combination you could ever want. They have regular plugs and receptacles for output as well as inlets and connectors for power input. The Army now uses the IEC pin and sleeve stuff for power distribution.

Last edited:

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since you are going to use the high voltage setting it drops you down in current so you can use a NEMA 30a 480v connectors and be well within the abilities of the generator.

Give a NEMA L22-30 configuration a look and see if you like it. You can get that one in cord plugs and in a bulkhead compatible outlet.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks