• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for a TM...

Yaivenov

Looking for a TM specific to the AM-4477, TM-11-4477-1. By chance would anyone happen to have this one stashed away someplace? The information needed from it is the necessary connectors/mounting brackets/cables necessary for jacking this amplifier in.

m38inmaine

I had one for a while, all you need is a standard power cable as used on the MT-1029 mount and a couple of bnc cables. Mine also came with a flexible metal strap that would attach it to a PRC-25/77 which I guess would be almost impossible to find but not needed.

Yaivenov

Okay, I get the BNC connector. What I was curious about was the other hookup on the front that appears to take a CX-4722/CX-4655 cable for controlling the antenna tuning.

Also, the power for my system is being supplied through an MX-7777, so I may need a slightly different power cable. I presume I tap into the secondary connection on the unit using a CX-4720 of which I essentially have an extra "half" of one that is just missing the three pin connector that would hook up to the MX-7777 unit.

Attachments

m38inmaine

In the configuration you are showing it should be mounted in a MT-1029. From the back of the MT-1029 you will have an extra power cable connector to jump to the amp. Also the antenna matching unit will be controlled by the base unit, not the amp. So you will need the antenna matching cable from the base unit( if I recall the connector is on the back) to the antenna base, a jumper power cable from the MT-1029 to the amp and a power cable from the 777 to the MT-1029 and of course the bnc jumper from the amp to the radio, and a bnc cable from the amp to the antenna base.

Last edited:

Yaivenov

Fun fun. Only cables I need then are a short bnc jumper and a short power cable to run from base to amp.

I'm still interested in the TM if anyone has it though.

Also any suggestions for fabricating a mounting system?

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Curious Yaivenov where did you eventually find your amp? Also I have the correct RF jumpers if you don't find elsewhere. I have 4 or five of these amps but I never had any luck finding the TM's when I went looking for them. This amp was shown in several installation instructions I have but as far as I can tell was never used in any numbers by U.S. Military. However the Israeli army must have
used the heck out of them. Do you have the TM #'s if so I have a buddy that works for P.S. Magazine and he can usually turn up a copy or two as long as I can supply him a number. I am thinking you can use a CX-4721 for pwr.

Thanks! popacom / BILL in Ky. KI4QQB :mrgreen:

P.S.- PM me back if you find the numbers.

Yaivenov

Thanks Ontos, but I've already read through (and bookmarked) that page. Looking for something a little more in-depth concerning the installation and misc other pieces that belong with the unit, hence the TM.

Yaivenov

Good news, PapaKB was very awesome and got me the TM for this device. It explained quite a few points concerning the unit.

Also the antenna matching unit will be controlled by the base unit, not the amp.
According to the TM, when in use the CX-4722 (antenna tuning cable) does plug into the Amp and is controlled automatically by it. The antenna tuning control on the AM-2060 at this point is superfluous though you still need the CX-4655 tying the AM-2060 to the PRC-25/77 to provide the radio power.

The only exception to this is if you leave the amp in the off position (in off, the amp circuits are bypassed and you just get the radio's wattage) in which case the cable would need to be relocated to the back of the AM-2060. But at that point, why did you get the amp to start with? :)

How would I, or PapaKB, go about posting this manual to steel soldier's TM archive?

Attachments