• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for a trailer dolly to rent/borrow in Oklahoma.

ammodude

Need to pick up a M373A2 and transport back to the farm. Does anyone have a M198 or M197 I could borrow or rent for a few days. I think weight wise I'd be good, just have to figure out the brake issue:?:, would be pulled with a 3/4 ton truck. Would be pulling about 100 miles.

I'm in McAlester/Muskogee area. Anyone got any ideas?

M1075

You can certainly use my dolly here in OKC to get your trailer, but no way I am going to let you pull it and M373 with your 3/4 ton truck! That is crazy. You can use my M818 tractor if necessary or maybe M813A1 will haul it to you with a commercial rig (rental).

ammodude

You can certainly use my dolly here in OKC to get your trailer, but no way I am going to let you pull it and M373 with your 3/4 ton truck! That is crazy. You can use my M818 tractor if necessary or maybe M813A1 will haul it to you with a commercial rig (rental).

Sent you an email. We need to talk please, probably best. I've pull the same weight and length with a 3/4 ton with dolly converter before I got the hitch installed not that I liked the handling.

Your advise is heeded, my recent hauls have been a 6ton RV and 12ton hay loads but after lurking here a bit a bobbed deuce would be sweet.

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since I just got my EUC for my M373A2 I will either have my Brother use a single axle commercial truck or a towing company pick mine up.

I'm sure he could tow it with his 3/4ton or heck I'll bet my half ton will tow it as well.

The problem is I don't really care what will tow it, I care about what will stop it. The 373 weighs in the neighborhood of 13k and some change. Unless you have a magical air brake setup on your 3/4 ton you won't be able to stop it. Add about 2500 pounds for the dolly and you are just looking to take someone or something out when it won't stop.

There is nothing quite like the feeling of standing on the brakes and realizing the rolling load behind you isn't going to stop.

If someone offers the use of a 5-ton with a dolly now you're talking.

sw

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks