• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

looking for advice.... found a deuce?

Jeepers69

I found a deuce for sale less than 2 hours away that was stored in a shed(not its whole life I am sure) It has a soft top, and troop seats, says the motor runs good, and drives good. He thinks it is a '74 model. As for rust , a little surface rust here and there. no holes through.

Question= There is no title.
I am in Wisconsin. what can be done to get it licensed?
The price is at 2300 obo===== good deal?

This is my first purchase.

Any help or feed back from all is so much appreciated..

Attachments

dittle

Nothing like a $2300 paperweight, I would require a title. If it was going to stay on a farm/private property its entire life then it wouldn't be such a big deal

Last edited:

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have known several guys who got burned on deuces with no title or sf97. The trucks ended up getting parted out.

Run. Away.

There are lots of good trucks out there with good paperwork.

197thhhc

Definately check with you DMV. Some states dont title older vehicles. You just need a bill of sale as mentioned earlier. Its definately worth looking into. Good luck.

Speedwoble

There are ways even without a title. They are not very cheap. I bought a truck without a title, have spent $500 and am just about to get a valid title in my state. Look up the regulations in your state.

Search for posts on here about title companies, some guys have gotten screwed.

I have heard of, but have not personally tried the following:
Kansas allows antique titles with bill of sale only
Georgia only requires bill of sale on older vehicles
Some guys get "Bonded titles"

I went the Vermont route because I was in a hurry, but I paid by the pound.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Nothing special about that truck. Thats not a good price with out a title. You can find one with a title in that price range.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks