• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for advice

EvilDiesel67

I am new here, and really like this site. Looking for some helpful hints for a first time buyer. What are some general things to consider about the truck mechanically when inspecting one before my money leaves my hand? I am looking for something that isn't too big of a project. Thank you your advice is much appreciated.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Winch, or not? Gonna do lotsa miles, or not? Work, or play? Are you machanically inclined, or not? Read the operators manual, read thru some of the posts here. There are some stickies at the top of the deuce section, read those. Do not be afraid to ask questions. All the people here started as you are, some with knowledge of these beasts, some, not,so much...I was once one of the not-so-much. These pigs are fairly easy to work on, parts are easily had. They are different from other trucks you might have driven. Slow, but easy to drive, they take a bit more to stop than newer trucks. Kinda makes you slow down and pay more attention! Welcome! Have fun, but be careful.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
To have fun with the truck, make sure it has been maintained. Driven is even better. NEVER be afraid to ask for recipts if someone says they just did some work to it. I have kinda geared my responce to a private sale as it doesn't sound like you are looking for a GL buy. If you have any more specific questions, let us know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks