• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for alternators 6,2 Diesel

PeterKurz

Hi,
I`m from Germany and need alternators for my 1984 K5 M1009 6.2Diesel.
Ordered the N729412 from Rockauto.
These do not fit, the housing has a completely different shape.
Rockauto is the cheapest, fast shipping, and I can pay the customs fees in advance. Can anyone give me an part number of alternators that fit?
Thank you very much.

there doesn't seem to be a single matching one in these pictures here.

Keith_J

Don't know if Amazon Germany has this brand/model available, not at work so I cannot check. DB Electrical is the brand, model ‎400-12416 is the correct part. The Amazon Standard Item Number (ASIN) is B00EIII368 in the US marketplace so go on brand and model, ASINs vary by marketplace.

PeterKurz

The correct alternator is a Delco 27SI, Type 100. They can be found on Amazon, even with the isolated ground.
it is confusing, I get the same FALSE alternators displayed as those from Rockauto.
In the picture above where the two parts are side by side you can see the difference.

PeterKurz

Don't know if Amazon Germany has this brand/model available, not at work so I cannot check. DB Electrical is the brand, model ‎400-12416 is the correct part. The Amazon Standard Item Number (ASIN) is B00EIII368 in the US marketplace so go on brand and model, ASINs vary by marketplace.
thanks, this one should fit

jplace1011

thanks, this one should fit

I replaced both of mine last year. I purchased them from John at Hillbilly Wizard. They are working great. They aren’t cheap, and shipping will not be either. I wouldn’t bother sending your old ones (cores) back either. You’ll end up spending just as much or more for shipping them back, especially from Germany! You can email them if you have any questions/concerns. Have a blessed day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks