• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for an M1008 in the Midwest

chicklin

I'm looking to buy an M1008 in the Midwest. I live North of KC, MO, by the airport. Looking for a stock truck, no (or very little) rust, good tires, brush guard, shackles, everything works, but doesn't need to be a show queen.

Would possibly trade (full or partial) my '67 M715 w/winch, bone stock, 230, new super-lug tires, all new fluids, grease, seals, brakes, no rust, etc. Been driving it to work, 50-55 mph no problem. Everything works but the fuel guage. Needs painted green as it's currently forestry-service yellow.

PM if interested or if you know of a M1008 for sale nearby. Thanks!!

a0299

might be interested,can you send some pics.have an 85 1008 just bought another plus my dad is getting one he mentioned wanting a 715.we are close to fort smith arkansas so its not far.

chicklin

1967 Kaiser Jeep M715 with winch, all original

"I have a great M715 w/winch, heater, hard top, new seat covers, runs
great, great brakes, 11k original miles, new McCreary SuperLug tires,
spare tire, no rust. I've driven it on a couple 200 mile round trip
outings on the highway with zero problems. Comes with an divorced
NP205 in the bed that you can swap in so you can run 60mph all day
(the stock NP200 overheats above 50 mph for too long, it's a design
flaw, not a bad t-case). Just needs a paint job as it is still
Forestry Service yellow (assuming you want it to be green). Clear MO
title, tagged and insured. 816-885-5372. Looking to get $5,500."

I have some more pictures if you want to send me your email. This is a really nice M715. I sold one not as nice for $5,500 last summer. It was painted and had markings, but this one is much better mechanically, has a working winch and only 11k miles. It just needs a paint job and a couple small fixes (fuel sending unit, cracked rear glass). I attached a picture of the last one I restored. This one is a paint job away from being nicer than that one. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Attachments

Westech

CPL
I have a sweet M1009 I would trade ya. just replaced the inner fenders and all the hoses today. New tires, flushed the brake fluid with DOT 5. 2 inch lift going on this weekend with all new shocks. new radiator, new alternator, fuel pump... lots and lots of work done to it.. drives 100%

Last edited:

HardCorps79

I'm pretty sure there are a good number of 1008s set to come out of Jefferson City through GL. When I picked up the 1009, the GL guy said he figured they'd come up for auction in the next month or so. I'm in KC, too. South, down at the old Richards-Gebaur base.

chicklin

I'm pretty sure there are a good number of 1008s set to come out of Jefferson City through GL. When I picked up the 1009, the GL guy said he figured they'd come up for auction in the next month or so. I'm in KC, too. South, down at the old Richards-Gebaur base.
Good to know, thanks for the heads up. I'd sell the M715 outright for $4,500, too. I don't need the M1008 right away.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks