• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for AN/UIC-1, AM-65/GRC and AM-598/U for Ontos restoration

ONTOS66

A museum in College Station, Texas is doing a great job restoring an M50A1 Ontos for their museum. They don't have the radios for the restoration, so I'm donating an AN/VRC-8 and AN/PRC-10 to help them out.

The other components needed are an AM-598/U to power the PRC-10, an AN/UIC-1 Intercom and an AM-65/GRC amplifier for the radio system.

If you have any of these items or know where I might procure any, please drop me a line. Donations, would be a big help. Or I'm willing to trade some of my other commo gear. Perhaps even pay cash if the price is right.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Still working on it. They literally took it down to component pieces to rework/refinish each one, then start putting it back together. Superior workmanship. Last time I saw it, the hull was starting to be reassembled in a large workshop area. It will be operable when they get done.

Cheers

ONTOS66

I delivered most of the radios for the Ontos restoration, along with some other goodies, last winter. At that time they were busy working on the engine. I'll drop by in February 2017 to see how it is progressing. All of the vehicles on display at the Museum of the American GI in College Station, TX are operational. Their restoration facility is quiet impressive.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks