• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for capable shop around eastern PA???

deuce_m35a2

I have a 1985 Chevy 3500 (m1008) and am looking for a shop that is capable of correcting my pinion angle on my front axle. I have installed a 10 inch lift and need the knuckles rotated and pinion angle set to accomodate the lift. I want to get this done the right way and take it to a reputable shop, however, the closest one I could find with a referral from Dynatrac was in Muncie PA, (3 hr drive for me). I was thinking that maybe someone knows a shop with this capabilites, as I know this is not a simple task. Any help would be appreciated. This job would include, cutting off the knuckles, pressing out the axle tubes, installing new tubes and setting the knuckles at the correct caster/camber with the right pinion angle. Anyone have any suggestions/referrals?????
Thanks for your help
Christian

84cucv1ton

not sure if this helps with the front or not. on my friends m1008. we put small shims to correct the angle for the rear and get ride of the vibe at speed. it worked. maybe you can do that on the front. hope this helps

CCATLETT1984

Re: RE: Looking for capable shop around eastern PA???

84cucv1ton said:
not sure if this helps with the front or not. on my friends m1008. we put small shims to correct the angle for the rear and get ride of the vibe at speed. it worked. maybe you can do that on the front. hope this helps
YOU CANT FIX THE CASTOR WITH SHIMS ON THE FRONT,with the amount of rotation needed to correct for that much lift, it messes with the angle that the kingpins are set at, and the truck will handle very badly.

one option would be to drop the transfer case some to lessen the angle. I believe dropping the tcase crossmember 2" would help a lot. you can also clock the transfer case down some to help. I would drive the three hours if thats who dynatrac reccomends. do you still have the np208? and what size tires are you going to be running? you might consider running a divorced np205, that would solve some issues and you can place it so both your driveshafts are the same length.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks