• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for correct CARNAC info for M275

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your putting too much thought into this. With your plate, that means there's at least 6 different ones for the multi M275's. Carnac only has about 2 dozen M275's in his database, but there were a heck of alot more produced. I have one plate off a M275A2 that is dated in the late 70's. They made them for quite awhile. They are harder to find but I wouldn't say rare. The US has GIVEN several hundred of them to allies alone. Being a 64 yours was origionally an A1. Gassers ended well before that.

stancanpara

Your putting too much thought into this. With your plate, that means there's at least 6 different ones for the multi M275's. Carnac only has about 2 dozen M275's in his database, but there were a heck of alot more produced. I have one plate off a M275A2 that is dated in the late 70's. They made them for quite awhile. They are harder to find but I wouldn't say rare. The US has GIVEN several hundred of them to allies alone. Being a 64 yours was origionally an A1. Gassers ended well before that.
Your right.. I'm probably thinking too much again :cookoo: I just find it strange that they didn't label it as an A1....

Oh well, my brain isn't working on all six cylinders... too tired...

Thanks everyone for your assistance on this matter!!!

Much appreciated![thumbzup]

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I have a M275 and I love it....it is the N/A engine but the fuel has been turned up....according to the speedo it will run 65 at 2800 RPM.....not sure if the tach and speedo are accurate.

It is fine on the flats but with a load on it falls flat on it's face on a hill......I did pull a 35 foot van with a M105 trailer attached back from Redstone the other day.

They are not the rarest deuce variant out there but they are not that common.

Mine must have been owned by a fire department at one time since it is painted that awful lime green fire dept color.

I would prob sell it but someone would have to want it very badly.

I have not run the numbers on mine.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
The lack of vehicle information available is due to the fact many/most were surplused out prior to being put into any govt database.

stancanpara

The lack of vehicle information available is due to the fact many/most were surplused out prior to being put into any govt database.
Aaaaaah!! Now THAT makes sense! Since mine was probably surplussed out in the late 70s or early 80s...

I guess that where it served before 2003 (when I brought it home) will always be a mystery....

Thanks for your time and attention on this! [thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks