• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for cumminis part for 6.2

4bogginchevys

Well last night I had to move tools to the 1008 to get ready for work today.....I went out this morning and the glow plug relay will only kick for about 5-6 and then goes dead....batts seem good. As I played the game pushing the button for what glow time I could get, and trying to start ocassionally....I began to think of that cool little intake heater hootice that cummins use instead of glow plugs....I know it must still use a relay so it wouldn't fix my problem, but after reading all the info on relays and plugs over and over for the last few months i'd like an alternative to that system. Has any one tryed to fab something like this?:-D Well, i'm off to napa to get my warranty GPR.....

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Which Relay did you use? Maybe the less expensive alternative relays are not such a bargain?

4bogginchevys

Ya, you might be on to something with that DH...but it still has a 1 year warranty...lol
I'll probably pony up the cash for a new one and see if the amount for this one can just be refunded.:-D

I got the st-85, and used an example by cucv85 for the change in wire location...Thanks

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks